Monday, January 9, 2012

Doodle #163 : Psycho Dim Sum

I just woke up from an afternoon nap.

Yes, despite the fact that I usually abhor naps seeing how they completely distort my sense of time and space, sending my biological clock into a spiral of doom, frying all their circuitry. In short, sending my sense of time into Oblivion. I guess it's the fatigue is finally settling in. I have been waking up at 7 or earlier this past week, having already adjusted to the holiday season.

As a matter in fact, I did get up early again today. To pick up 2 Psychos for breakfast. I was so caught up watching a programme on Discovery Channel I would have been late. I always knew cats were evil (refer to a tweet I made earlier)! My phone buzzed, saw the number, saw the time, bolted out of the house. Went over the the adjacent neighbourhood and picked up Amanda. Off to DJ! Psycho 1 down.

Unsurprisingly enough, the roads were clogged, so to speak, bumper to bumper traffic along the usual hotspots. Even more so today, but I'm not one for politics. Roughly 30-ish minutes later, we found ourselves in front of SMKDJ, Amanda and Itianne's former high school. Record time too, somewhat. Found Itianne strolling the halls with her former teachers. And that makes two. :D

Initially, the plan was to swing by SS15 again to eat at this awesome place for breakfast. Discovered it a few days back thanks to Jamie. :D But time was not on our side, and neither would be my petrol consumption. and Itianne came up with this brilliant breakfast idea.

DIM SUM.

I swear, that woman is a genius! Dim sum cravings skyrocketed. :D So we went to this nearby place. No idea what it was called, shall ask one of the DJ people someday.

On a side note, I seem to be forcefeeding my friends cupcakes lately. Nomnomnom.

Here comes the best part, wanting to get Amanda back to her place in time, I opted to take a different highway from the one I normally took. If I'm not mistaken, I think it was the Sprint Highway. Took a glance at my Maps app, and programmed the route mentally into my mind. Things were going well until I came up to the turn off. I must stress how misleading Malaysian road signs are! The correct way was in my.. visual memory? I think that's implicit memory. But I saw the "Shah Alam" direction pointing towards a different exit. So I took the second (and very wrong) route.

I ended up taking several extra tolls trying to find the right way home. :/ ROAD TRIP! After twisting and turning, I found myself staring at i-City. *breathes sigh of relief* Home is so close now.

And so we go. :D

Eventful morning, will be meeting the gang in the evening. :DD Kinoc, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment