Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Doodle #94 : Painball

Well..

I played my first ever game of paintball today. In total there were about 11 of us, me, Sam, HY, KY, Ash, and 6 of Sam's college friends.

Had breakfast at Hasra, that's the mamak near college. Hadn't been there for over 6 months. Then we pushed off, to some place I still am not sure of. Mudtrekkers, smth like that. Took us awhile to get there, got rather lost along the way.

So we had 2 teams, 6v5.

Well, we were still rather balanced since 1 side had both KY and HY, the 2 most experienced players there. We were geared up, and directed to the playing field. It was about the size of.. Maybe 2/3 of a football field? Not that big.

Round 1 :Defend the flag.

I think most of us didn't really get the objective of the match so we ended up huddling behind cover. I lasted for quite abit until HY rushed up my flank and shot me. My feeble attempt to defend myself only resulted in several pellets barely missing him. What? I was panicked.

Round 2 : Defend the flag.

Same objective but we swapped sides. I personally think that the far side of the field has much better cover options. Immediately rushed behind this tree which I used as cover. Could spot several guys taking cover and somewhat exposed but my shots never really made their mark. Paintballs are horribly inaccurate. All I could do was provide covering fire.

Round 3 : Capture and rush with the flag?

Randomly thought of smth that would fit the task. Grab the flag and rush with it to the opponent's base. Once again, my team was on the near side. I took cover behind this barrel and was rather safe, till Ash popped up and shot me in the neck. D: In my daze, I got up and made my way to the respawn point. By the time I turned around, 5 guys were on me and I got shot, again. -.- Didn't end well for my teammates either.

Round 4 : Same game, swapped sides.

Same tactic, rush the tree and camp there. I think this time I managed to pop off a few good shots. I think I managed to take out a guy rushing for the flag from behind the tree. All I could do was cover the left flank, had no bearings whatsoever on my right. All the time I tried to look over the branches, I hear pellets exploding around me, which all but prompted me to duck and seek more shelter.

Couldn't remember how many rounds we played but those are the 4 I remember. Overall, I think I came out relatively unscathed as opposed to some of the other players, like KY with his majorly bruised arm.

Lunch at Chili Pan Mee, Taipan, then dropped by SS15 as Hy had to get smth from Taylor's.

Headed home and HoNed with Ash, and his friend.

I feel so tired. ):

No comments:

Post a Comment