Monday, June 20, 2011

Doodle #96 : Subject Delta

Once again, I've been rather preoccupied lately. So much so that I didn't really try writing down, even a short post on this site of mine. Well, I would like to say that my distraction was well justified.

Why?

By this of course!


The holidays also mark the beginning of a (short lived) gaming spree. Got myself Bioshock 2, and played through it start to finish.

Yes, yes, yes. I know I'm rather slow with games, I admit I've been outta touch with the gaming world since my highschool days, only getting a game years after it's released and almost forgotten. Meh.

It still has the same old Bioshock feel to it as I play. You pretty much get your old weapons again this time round, the customary melee weapon, a primary weapon that feels rather like a side arm, a machine gun, a piercing weapon, an explosive launcher.


Only that this time round, your crossbow has been replaced with a speargun, and your thompson with a minigun. Sounds cool right? And your revolver's gone. In it's place, a rivet gun. If you've played the first game you'd know that rivet guns are traditionally brandished by those annoying Rosies, a.k.a. The Big Daddy.

Why are you wielding one then?


Cause this time round, you ARE a big daddy. Although you're a more advanced version compared to those you fought against in the first game, one of the Alpha Series.

Won't reveal much of the story, but basically you're trying to locate your lost Little Sister.


Yeah, can't get enough of those eyes right?

Combat system has a few changes, but still the same old 'shock and smack', more or less. Just that your drill has limited spinning, it runs on fuel. You could still swing it around and smack people with it. Few new plasmids this time round too! But I stuck to my old combinations.

You face a couple of new enemies. An oversized splicer known as a 'brute' but those are rather easily dispatched later in the game. The real scary ones are these.


Known as The Big Sister. You'll understand why if you play it.

That's that. Already done with the game. Time to move on to Splinter Cell : Conviction. Loving the new installment. Though it's lost its trademark "Stealth First" feel. You get to run and gun now if you like. Which is fine by me.

That's bout it for now.

I should finish packing for Penang. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment