Thursday, December 22, 2011

Doodle #160

Madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting something different to happen.

Christmas is just around the corner, in 3 days as a matter in fact. The thing about holidays is how they just seem to whisk you away from the conundrums of everyday life. You pass each day slowly losing track of time. That being said, I'll try to make the holidays a bit more productive. Despite always wanting to get a job, I manage to persuade myself not to, due to the various time constraints imposed on me throughout this holiday. Only have 1 actual trip planned during this 3 month hiatus from university, seems rather lacklustre doesn't it? Budget and time are but only a few of the restrictive factors.

But least there have been some outings.

Miss Blondy came back! Funny story. I only know so many Amandas in my life, less than 5 in fact. But the only 2 I interact with, are both known as Blondies, one Blondiee (uni) and the other Blondy (college). Ironically though, I'd consider them to be at opposite ends of the thought process spectrum. 1 is literally blonde while the other just no-nonsense. Two sides of a coin perhaps? ;D

Anyhow, turns out Blondy was staying less than 5 minutes away from my place when she came back. Pretty awesome. Hence, outing! Though we had to wait till everyone else was free though, which would be the day the Psych girls finish their last paper. Parked at the usual spot at uni before making the long harrowing walk towards Sunway University. No shuttle buses were in sight. D: Met the girls there before walking over to pyramid. Sometimes I think you need to walk too much just to get to pyramid. They need to cover up the canopy walk more, at least with something which isn't see through. Not glass, that doesn't actually help reduce the amount of radiant heat you have to endure. I think I discussed this with someone, whose name eludes me right now. Did I mention Amanda has not changed one bit?

Anyway, met up with Jo Keat then at Pyramid itself. We had lunch at some Korean restaurant, suggested by both Mun and Itianne. Being the food enthusiast that I am, I thought I'd give it a shot. I had only eaten Korean food once before, and that was with the gang right before our "Kalah Ok" session. Well, they said food tastes better when you've good company. :D It's been a good.. 6 months? since I last saw Blondy. If I remember correctly, the reason Itianne and I took to calling Amanda "Blondy" was after watching Tangled. Something to do with her long hair and whatnot.

Anyhow, spent the rest of the day walking about in circles while catching up. The only real agenda we had was "Snowflakes", considered the cornerstone of 140% of our outings as a group. Only thing was getting there from Pyramid. Initially, we thought of waiting for the bus to get to Monash first so I could drive. So we waited at Lagoon.

*roughly 15 minutes later* Dafuq where's the shuttle?

It could have been the holiday season, or just massive delays but not a single shuttle was in sight that day. In the end, our wait turned out fruitless and we just drove there ourselves. Jo drove us all back to uni first where we swapped cars and I took over and drove us all to SS15. SNOWFLAKES TIME. :D

I still cringe thinking about what we discussed over dessert that day. Of all the possible topics we could go across, from the weather to just plain gossip, we chose random murder investigations. I kid you not. After Itianne went through all the details in excruciatingly thorough manner, I couldn't bear to take another bite of my dessert. Not surprisingly, amidst the horrified expressions, there was one that remain unfazed. One who picked away at my Snowflakes lying on the table. AMANDA. In fact, the whole discussion seemed to have boosted her appetite, or maybe it was just all the Snowflake bowls on the table.

"You see, you can't exactly compare her against the norm. She's Amanda. *gestures* First you have the norm here, then you have Amanda over there."

Can't say I agree more with that line.

It was a good day. :D

Speaking of which, went shopping with Amanda the other day, supposedly. I was supposed to help her pick out Christmas gifts for her cousins and uncle. We browsed about but couldn't really settle on anything. Note, I'm not exactly the best gift advisor out there. We stumbled across this Lego-like puzzle box. Pretty interesting stuff. If I was a kid, I'd totally get that. In the end, she didn't get anything and waited to consult with her aunt.

Once again, she tried to talk me into eating at Hartz. Well, that's to be expected when you're eating with the tauke's daughter. It's like I've learnt to give a reflex response "NO!" every time she brings it up. I still remember the college outings at Pyramid where she'd flash a whole book of vouchers, convincing us to eat there. Oh, good times. I admit, she almost got me when she said "You don't have to pay for lunch you know". However, she did give me a choice between Hartz or Sakae Sushi. Without hesitation I yelled Sakae! :D (it was still free for me LOL). That and also she wanted to eat sushi where there was a viable conveyer belt for her to pick her food from instead of having to flag down passing waiters before letting them take our orders.

So it was om nom nom time. I tried the Egg Sushi thing and also Tempura! (first time for me). Only sushi I've eaten on a regular basis is the Salmon Sushi, and the regular one. I can't take those fancy "Smoked Salmon" and whatnot. Just not used to the whole sushi taste yet I guess.

Sometime over lunch, I can't really remember what made me say this but it goes this way,

"Sometimes I wonder just what am I supposed to do with you?"
"Nothing. You can't change me. I'm a unique experience"

*Stares blankly*
*Process to kicking me as I write about this on Itianne's wall.

I don't suppose I need to explain who said what. LOL.

A whole year in the land down under, and nothing about her has changed. Ever the impervious Amanda. Hah! :D It's been a good few days catching up! :)

That concludes whatever's been going on for the holidays. Think I might need to get another job soon, being pestered at home. Though I'm starting to realize how I'm not spending my time wisely. Still waiting on the Monash Marketing project response as well as the briefing for the School of Business event. Guess I'll see how they play themselves out.

Till next time. Kinoc, out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment