Monday, February 20, 2012

Doodle #167 : A Return to Life's Conundrums

It's been too long hasn't it? Well my holidays have been.. A drab. So to speak. As with most of my other breaks from the usual hustle and bustle of life.

At long last, the semester is close to a new start. Year 2 of Pharmacy is here. None of us are involved with orientation week directly though, save a few volunteers (myself included). I figured it would be a better way to spend the final week of the holidays. Least it gave me a reason to drop by uni, and stuff to write about. ;)

So I got tasked with setting up the MUPhaS booth for the day, or least that's what I thought. Arrived at uni to run into a few familiar faces almost instantaneously. It's like a Pharmacy convention, somewhat. Ran off to grab a bite first, was starved! First time I woke up so early too. Well, Monash was alive again, ;)

For the volunteers, there were two stations we needed to help with. The registration booth at the foyer, and the MUPhaS booth at one of the tutorial rooms. So I hopped on over to Building 3 with Ah Boy Joshiee (ABJ) while the Powerpuff Girls handled registration. Someone commented how ours was the only booth that had student helpers. We pharmacists awesome la (or maybe we just lack staff).

So the two of us camped out at the Tutorial Room.. Waiting. We were told to ask Amie (a senior) or Esther for our tasks but nobody seemed to know when the booth was due to be set up. It seems that the people hired to do the job were.. MIA! So after some dawdling we all just rendezvoued at the registration booth. Skimmed the list and apparently we only have 41 juniors for this year (that's 10 less than my batch!) and only 5 guys :P Heh.

In short, we lazed about the entire morning. We had to wait till everybody on the list registered. All in all, only 38 people showed up. So we just waited.. For those last 3.. Until we got hungry and abandoned our booth! :D

Lunch was at pyramid. Somehow or rather, I ended up driving (at this point in time I'm no longer surprised at having to play driver at every corner). Thing was, I was driving the Civic. Bahh. Only driven it twice before. Blondiee was saying how she could puke from sitting in my car due to my bad driving. Ah, terasa d. :(

After a mee than filling lunch (feel the fats!), we headed back for the second session of the day. The pre camp preparation. Right, as part of a rather last minute conscription, ABJ and I got signed up for Student Guides for this year's Transition Camp! Including the two of us, there would be 8 guides in total for the camp, comprising of 6 Year 2 students and 2 from Year 3.

My feet still kind of hurt as I write this. I swear, my shoes are a size too small. Anyway, we had to bind the camp manuals. Including students, guides, and lecturers there were well of 50 booklets that need to be done.

Alas, we meet again Binding Machine! I had the pleasure of working with it once before, so I basically knew the working of it. Set up a system and began working :D until everyone decided to jump in. Maybe I made it look fun, lol. Felt like trying to crowd control a bunch of kids. Hahaha. Needed a break anyway, stood for almost 2 hours working on those manuals.

Did I mention how much my feet hurt? Or how guilty felt for eating so much?

Anyways, came home. Jogged. Ate more. Repeat tomorrow!

Just finished DotA. And so another day is passed.

*hits repeat button.

No comments:

Post a Comment