Thursday, August 23, 2012

Doodle #210 : Falling, Literally

This was actually something that happened quite awhile back, but I only got around to write it ever so melodramatically when I shared it with someone. So I thought, might as well post it up! Yes guys, this is a true story.


It was a fateful day. The rain was pouring down, the sky an ominous grey. I looked up as I felt droplets of rain land on my cheeks. I blinked, and sook shelter under the roof overlooking Building 2. It was then when I heard the low rumble, the sound of imminent lightning. I pondered upon my choices, knowing I was unable to reach my vehicle amidst the curtain of rain. I took a step back, and surveyed my surroundings. A glance at my watched showed that the time was only 5pm. I still had 2 hours to go before church began. I looked over to my friend who taunted, "I bet you can't reach your car in this rain" Without a moment's hesitation, I yelled back. "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED" Immediately, I swung around to face my greatest foe, the rain. But alas, I would have never made it that far. With one great leap, I placed my leading foot into a puddle of water, splashed from the rain. I felt the sensation before I knew what was coming. The eerie feeling, that heartstopping moment when you lose traction in your feet. I saw my life flash in front of my eyes as I begun to tip over. I had no time to react, only time to fall. I braced myself for the impact, knowing all too well of my impending doom. As though the heavens shined one me, I managed to curl myself into a half-sphere, shielding my front edge with my arm. Thud. Thud. Thud. The world slowed down as I hit the ground. A numbing pain shot up my arm and spreaded across my body, paralyzing nerves and stunning my conscience. When I regained conscious control of my limbs, I found myself eagle-spread on the floor, my friends aghast, yet amused. With one great heave, I lifted myself off the gravel floor, to find 15 pair of eyes staring at me, through the glass facade of the library. With my head down in shame, I regained myself and ran off towards shelter, and dryness. Only to be greeted by my friend at the library, who so excitedly exclaimed, "KIN HOE! I saw you fall!!" I knew then that all was lost. I yelled out in my head "NOOOOOOOOOOOO" but carried myself on, for life awaited me, and this wasn't the end.

THE END.

1 comment:

  1. I am the gooddddddddddddd friend I assume, you shld thank me for giving you the challenge or not it will never happpen or maybe God because He made it rain or maybe its just FATEEEE :DDD

    ReplyDelete