Thursday, October 13, 2011

Doodle #145 : Dissection

WARNING: For those of the faint-hearted / nauseous / afraid of blood and gore / slow / easily confused / pregnant / ambidextrous / cognitively impaired / motor impaired, please look away now or close this box.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

I really do need to find a muse for writing, but they're just so hard to come by. Nevertheless, today's post shall be on dissection.

I would also like to point out that this is my first time ever attempting something of this nature. Unlike some of my colleagues who cheered when given such a task, I was one of those who cringed at the thought. Much more when I had initially thought we would be given live rats, sedated. I wouldn't want to handle live animals, knowing I would undoubtedly kill off by severing a major artery.

To my relieve, we were given dead rats. When they were being handed out, a few people (namely 2) screamed. I think that scared me more than the actual dissection. -.- Hah!

So here you go,


The little critters we had to manhandle, and cut, and tear. -.-

We were to work in PAIRS! *class cheers*, each pair will have a male and female mouse to dissect. *crowd jeers : NO DIFFERENCEEEE* I was a member of that crowd. What? *shrug*

Which is still a good thing, somewhat. For me at least. For I had my partner already,


JOSHIEEE! He handled all the dissection while I prepared all the microscope slides. So in a way, we both do what we like. Mutualism! Both people benefit at the expense of none. *smirks* Hah!

We started off with the female mouse, cutting... and cutting. Ick! The smell of mice filled the air, literally. Every puff of breath you take, contained the essence of fresh mice. Did some swabs (some 'accidents' happened here, or maybe just one in particular. though not us, someone else), prepared my slides.

Well.. Time for the actual pictures. (credits to some of my colleagues),

*refer to first paragraph*



My scalpel and incisors goes slice slice slice slice slice.

Yeap, had to cup em up like that. To see the internal organs yo. Somehow or rather, the male mice seemed to have a lot less internal organ packing. Literally. You cut open the female mouse and you're greeted with this immense lump of intestines and kidneys, among other things. You cut the male, and all you see are.. Basically the same things, but half the size.

Males are simple creatures.

I really should have taken comparative shots just to illustrate what I'm saying.


I'm sure you all should know what that is. -.- Sickens to me think of what we (Joshua and I) did with our mice. I shudder at the thought.

Had to write up a report, it'll be due next Thursday. Speaking of which, I should get started. NAHHHH *opens TF2* Time for some spy action!

Kinoc, out.

On a side note, Mama Mia tomorrow. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment