Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Doodle #181 : Holidays hashtag 1

Mid way through the holidays, and finally an outing. I assume this is the part I jump for joy. *jumps

Can't say it's been an eventful few days. Did I ever mention how I had the ENTIRE holiday planned out? Well, time to throw that out the window because on Day 1 itself, I found out that the moment we stepped back into uni, a 10% test awaited us. So you could instantly cross off about 90% of the plans I had. What a killjoy. I bloody hate placing tests right after a holiday, why don't you just call it a study break for goodness sake? Don't name something a mid sem break when you're going to swarm us all with revision.

Meh. I iz disappoint. With many things. :3

Well, least today went smoothly! And to think we came up with everything the night before. Hah, can always count on them. What we didn't count on was the fact that was a PUBLIC HOLIDAY.

Reached Sunway U by 10.10, I actually brought the meet up time forward by an hour. The initial plan was to head over to pyramid and go ice skating. Mun's idea, as she has never skated in her life. Low and behold, by the time we got to Pyramid at 10.30, the rink was PACKED. The kind of crowd you'd expect at roughly 12pm on a weekday. And an impossibly long line to boot. The pricing was the final nail in the coffin, glanced over at the signage to see that it cost RM25 to skate. Okay! Time for alternate solutions.

Waited for Joshiee and Marc to join us first.

Plan B! Headed over to the cinema for a movie. We thought we'd just catch whatever good that's on now which none of us had seen yet. After all, it was only 10.30AM. Sure! *walk walk walk..
JENGJENGJENG. THE CINEMA WAS PACKED TO THE BRIM =.= Oh why must you do this to us?

After a spur of the moment inspirational moment, we headed over to the adjacent Arcade. Played a few rounds of Terminator and Time Crisis. Damn, I'm outta practice. And the former really requires reaction time. The enemies shoot pretty darned fast, and I found myself dead after.. 5-10 minutes. =.= Covered too much for my teammate.

Detoured over to Archery next. :3


Archers, hold!

It's been a very long while since I last fired an arrow, 3 years in fact. I can still remember the brusing I got the first time I played as I didn't held the bow right, cause I showed the bruise to a friend back in school. Hah!


Can't say I had the best of aims. When I drew the bow back, I could see the arrow, it wasn't even straight! The arrow itself was wavy. Is that supposed to be right? :/

Once that was said and done, we headed back to college (it'll always be college to be, despite having been granted university status) and my car. Drove over to SS15 for lunch.

Peppercorn Cafe! This time it was open! :D Omnomnom. Discovered it thanks to uni friends. (:

After some deliberation on what to do next.. Well we were going to head over someplace for dessert. At first, thought of heading to uptown or SS2 but none of us had any idea where anything is.. aaaaaand our lunch set came with dessert. :p

So we needed a hangout spot. Then Marc shouted out "Meeples". Without a second's hesitation, TIME TO GO. :D

Among us, only Marc had been there. I didn't know this place existed until only a few months ago when one of my friends brought it up. Hee. :3

First, we played this game, Catan. I think that's what you call it. Anyways, just look at the picture if it's right.


Strategy based. :3


Mun said these looked like hearts. :D

Le city building in full swing.

And outta nowhere, "EH! I win ady!" Mun. =.= Aware la please, dam potong weih suddenly shout out you win when we still planning our next moves.

Time for round #2.


Another strategy game. Got the low down from one of the employees there, sounded pretty interesting. I was determined to take this game.


The board for the second game.

ALAS. No dice. Marc won =.= Too preoccupied with blocking both Joshiee and Mun I forgot about him.

Finished the day with bubble tea. Yep, it's been a good day :)

Guess I should study at least ONE lecture today. :D Kthxbai.

Kinoc, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment