Saturday, April 7, 2012

Doodle #180: Chromeheart: Revelations

Hi guys! I'm back, and hopefully this coming week will be an eventful one.

First thing's first, the reason I'm back is this. I'm finally on my mid semester break! This is the part you people jump for joy. Go on, jump! :D

Good!

I've been waiting for this break since forever, and possibly for the first time ever, I'll have a fully planned holiday. :) Kicking off this break, was Chromeheart: Revelations, an Easter production at City Harvest Church Kuala Lumpur (CHCKL).

Best part was, class ended early that day! We took off at roughly 12.30pm when our scheduled ending time was 4pm. Awesome, no? Though I wouldn't say we spent the next few hours in the most productive manner.

Coming back to this, DAMN. CHROMEHEART WAS SOOOOO GOOD. SOOO GOOD. Words cannot explain how good it was. It was just.. so good. I assume you can see my excitement. Got home and got ready and left for CHCKL at 7pm-ish. Found my usual spot along the corner, and it was only 7.20pm then. The halls would only be opened at 8pm, which left me plenty of time to kill.

Found myself standing next to a burger stall sometime later. There was this "pasar malam", assortment of food stalls for those of you who don't speak Malay, right outside. They sold everything from Char Kuey Teow to burgers to Uncle Bob's fried chicken.

Sometime later, Samuel found me lingering over my burger dinner. I was then taken on a tour of CHCKL, just checking out their facilities and buildings as we've way over half an hour to kill then. Damn, they have a pretty sweet gym. And for RM50 a month.. *contemplates. All I need now is a gym buddy. Su Jean joined us soon after.

Time to line up for the doors! It's times like these I'm grateful we came early. There were probably.. 10 people in front of us, and roughly 1000 behind. JUST WOW at the crowd. Didn't snap the crowd then. Didn't cross my mind.



The doors were opened at 8.15pm. ONWARDS! Sorry for the blurry shots, was walking and stuff.

We found ourselves seated in the upper mid section of the hall. Pretty sweet view I'd say. There weren't any chairs though, and we just sat on the.. whatever you call the seats in an auditorium. Nevertheless, it was pretty comfortable.. until we were asked to do a "City Harvest Sardine Squeeze (CHSS)" then it got pretty stuffed.

Despite the lack of comfort and personal space, you could feel the excitement building up. Personally, I wanted to see for myself how good the play was. I had looked at the trailer a week back and wow, the trailer was pretty good. So yeah, I had this baseline expectation right off the bat. :)


The stage.

Kicking off the night, there was a performance. A very Lambert-isque singer came up onto stage and sang Set Fire to the Rain. Daaaaaaaamn, that was a good show. Heh, pumped up the mood.

No pictures though. :p


The head pastor (is that what you call the position?) giving his opening speech and initiating the night.


Jamie and Samuel, the City Harvest people who invited us. Wheee. Thanks for the invite again! :)


Tick tock tick tock. Oh, I have to bring this up. I LOVE their video animations.

Will just speed through the story here. Pictures will describe the scenes. :D As I've no idea what each group of people were called (and much too lazy to research them, I'll just denote them good and evil. Simple enough, right?)


The beginning. Anticipation builds, adrenaline rush. Hee.




BOOM! The evil faction has set its plan into motion, using black magic to resurrect (who I assumed to be) their leader. Who had a kickass costume, I might add.


Enter the hero faction! Nowhere near as cool, but they brandish some pretty mean looking spears and this really cool sword. (which will be used later on).


The main protagonist of the story. (Uhm.. the iPhone camera isn't exactly known for its zoom or quality)

Story-wise, it's your classic Good vs. Evil theme. A war's been going on between the two and events of late has caused it to escalate to a tipping point. Just a background story.

Now, introducing more background characters and story. Don't have any shots here, but a third faction existed. Let's just say they're more of a 'neutral' group of people who want to live in peace but are caught in between the ongoing war between the heroes and villains of the tale.


Sorry you can't really see anything here. But this was probably one of the most... goosebumps inducing scenes in the play. I literally went WHOAAAA. The lights are actually.. flourescent. butterfly nets. Think gigantic fireflies. Mood setters. Yeah. :)


Now THIS just creeped me out. =.=



Both factions prepare for the imminent war, they know a clash is inevitable. Wanting to control what's known as.. The Tree of Life (my memorys a bit vague at this point in time).


Conflict arises, as the villains obtain an unexpected (yet clichéd) key player in their scheme.


The climax is approaching, as both sides engage in all out war.


And things take an unexpected turn, before the final showdown between the protagonist and antagonist.

Next thing I know, it all ended. Samuel told me there was supposed to be a hidden meaning in the ending but for all I know.. it didn't exactly turn out the way I expected one bit.


Sudden change in scene.... really gives me that ME3 vibe. Those who played would know how I feel. =.=

ANYWAY. Overall, Chromeheart was AWEEEEEESOMEEEEEEE.. Words cannot describe what I felt after. It was so well executed. Heard that it took 6 months to prepare but wow, it feels like a pretty short time frame to set everything up and choreograph everything.

Awesome. :D

Today (Sunday) was the last day it'll be played at CHCKL and for those of you who didn't go, you really missed out. :D


Final shot, of everyone who played a part in making everything happen.

:D Not a bad start to the holidays, time to kick things into gear.

Side note, buddy meeting ytd. Hee. Sing K! :DDD

No comments:

Post a Comment