Saturday, April 11, 2009

Archuleta hype

Ahuh, you read right. David Archuleta at M'sia, Sunway Lagoon Amphitheater 11/04/09!! I remember jumping around my house when I received the sms from Digi that I had won 2 tickets to it :D If you think winning 2 was lucky.. Chonek (Chun Yeen) had 10, yes folks you read it right T-E-N TICKETS FOR ARCHULETA! How he got em still amazes me. The fact that all he did was ask his dad is so... Wow.

Anyways, having 2 tickets, (again, flashback 26/7/08), this time I called Ash along. We left at about 11.30 and arrived at Pyramid at 12. However the entrance to the amphitheater was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay at the back. Like beside Sunway Medical Centre. Yes, that's a real long way away. So we had a couple of hours to loiter around Pyramid b4 having to head down to Lagoon. So we grabbed lunch at McD (the usual place) then walked around looking for 10.8+C's. *winks* :D

So by the time we were done eating, Chonek, Jon, Alicia and the rest were all already there. Jon and Alicia were pressuring me to get in quick and mentioned smth about a crowd of 3000. *gasp* so yeah it was pretty crowded. It was only about 1 and the showcase starts at 3. But for the sake of getting seats, I thought we'd try to head down there early as it'll be about a 10 minute walk to the entrance. BUT, Ash had to find some tattoo shop, no idea why. So we headed over to Asian Avenue, couldn't find it, went all the way to Hagen Daz to look at the directory, then went BACK to asian avenue, and still couldn't find it. Sad, no?

So finally we headed to the taxi stand to get a taxi. Normally, it'd cost about 5 bucks to get down to Elephant walk from Pyramid. But.. Yes here comes the but, Ash heard the guy in front of us mentioning that place and asked if we could tag along. And what do ya know, he let us :D. I has his pic which I shall upload once I transfer it xD And he didn't even charge us :D!



After that, the walk into the theater was rather uneventful. Just alot of walking. The task at hand was to locate Jon and the others among a crowd of 3000+ or so once we got in. A task made simple enough with the help of making a call, standing in the open, and finding some dude (Jon) in a red shirt waving at us from somewhere in the middle area and top row of the seats.


Aly with Kah Man standing in front of the fan.


Jon and Ash got sleepy.

Just like the previous time I went to smth like this, the showcase started at about 3.30-4. Almost an hour after the time stated on the ticket. Well there's always a delay for some reason. By that time it had begun to rain, so at least it was cooler in the crowd. Did I mention how hot it felt? So anyways, the opening act was some Chinese guy who I mistook to be Daniel Lee. Yes, lol. Then it was the guy from 1 in a 1000000 1. Then after that it was the actual Daniel Lee. Flashback to Daughtry when Daniel Lee was also there. Meh.

Finally at about 4.30... DRUMROLL pl0X. lolx...... dadadadadadad



DAVID ARCHULETA!!
"Am I crazy or falling in love, is it really just another crush?"
Yeap, the crowd went berserk. In terms of noise levels that is. I was almost deafened. Lolx. Alicia, Krystle, Kah Man were all screaming (of course). Me and Jon, meh. Ashvien looked bored (D:!!) and Chonek looked lost. Lmao. But smth that would make the day perfect was missing.. =/ Well.. Third time's the charm perhaps?
So back to D.A! He started off by singing "A Little Too Not Over You" which was.. A-W-E-S-O-M-E! Followed by "Touch My Hand" and "Don't Let Go". And the 4th song was.. I can't remember!! AAAAA?!

Yeah, it he only sang 4 songs. Of course the crowd'll scream and shout for more, which they did. :D! Archuleta came back and sang another 2 songs, "Angels" and "1000 miles". I think he sang a 3rd one as well but I can't remember the name. The atmosphere was incredible.

After that me and Ash had to get back to Pyramid, somehow. Jon and Chonek was gonna follow Aly home. Not sure about the rest. So we thought we'd get a taxi, again. We walked all the way down to the hospital, then turned back and ran into Kah Man and the rest. Got all the way back to the entrance of Elephant Walk, then turned back AGAIN to the hospital. -.- and of course to make it all better it started to rain again. It was a 10 minute walk back in the rain. Which was... wet. Lolx

To shorten the rest, got back to Pyramid, ate Pizza Hut, then went to Haagen Daaz, ate really awesome ice cream, then my parents came to pick us up. The end.

P.S. Can't wait for another concert related event. Although I ain't exactly the kind of person who'll jump and/or scream at such events. PARAMORE/MUSE COME TO M'SIA! Lolx.

Yes and smth still feels wrong.

p.s. again. I can't upload pics anymore cause for some reason my firefox can't open pop-up windows, like the ones that you get when you click on Add Picture when writing a new post. So if you'd like to see pics, go look em up on my FB when I upload them.

No comments:

Post a Comment