Friday, June 22, 2012

Doodle #201


Just a quick recap post. The holidays have definitely been packed since they begun.

Monday

Outing at OU with the Nonsensicals. Probably only the 3rd time in 2 years that I set foot in that place. Well it's roughly a 40 minute drive from my place and in the complete opposite direction from uni as opposed to Kemuning. I suppose my lack of visits are justified.

Standard outing, I would say. Lunch at Nando's with the gang when all our jaws dropped when the final person appeared. :P Stunning la! Hahaha. You reading this ah? Hen piau liang ahhh. HAHAHA.

Then, movie!



All I can say for this movie is.. a lot less gruesome than I expected. So it was supposedly the prequel to Aliens, showing how they were formed and whatnot. It took much too long for the first (very predictable) deaths to occur. And the characters didn't die the way I initially expected, hey pleasant surprise.

But at the end of it all, the first response I got was "Hey Kino, can you tell me who chose this movie?" which just about sums up what I felt as well. Hahahaha. A bit too slow and "not gory enough" as some of us put it.

Hands down, my favourite dude is David, despite his somewhat evil intentions (can he actually be evil?) at the beginning. That's what makes him badass. :D

Played bowling as well! Against my better judgement. Joshiee was so against the idea of "whoever scores the least pays the game for everyone". Hahhaa. But he completely dominated... the first half of the first game. "Aaaaaaaand Joshiee takes the lead for the first and what may be the ONLY time in the competition" was what I said. Sure enough, once I said that everything flatlined afterwards. :P The first few rounds for me was spent trying to readjust my bowling motion due to my foot. I was so scared I'd reinjure it, if that's even possible. D: Sadly, we were ALL off form that day, even Almighty Dave who couldn't clinch the 100 point mark. Nuff' said.


Tuesday

I have absolutely no recollection of what I did that day. *a quick tweet check* Ah yes! I forgot my parking ticket. ==

Had a MUPhaS meeting that day. First time I'll be on the committee, service as Year 2 Rep. Showed up late on my first meeting, what a way to make an impression. D: Bahh.

Well, main thing is the lunch that followed. Chuyukfun at SS15 which I have not eaten in over a semester! Last time I went was during the summer break last year! D: D: D:

Omg, I have sated my taste buds. *drools

Wednesday

Rather uneventful day, spent it buying ingredients. Made chocolate cupcakes. Omnomnom

Thursday

Went to window shop for a bit before watching the movie. :)


Stumbled across the trailer for Brave earlier the night before and thought hey, why not? Very impromptu decision. :D

First thing's first, I cried. HAHA. At the end. Disney movies just have a way of making you tear inside. Toy Story 3.. :') Felt so nostalgic at the start when they played the Pixar introduction animation of the lamp jumping around. I felt like a kid again, and at the same time felt very old. D:

Storyline wise, pretty much your average Disney movie. Princess doesn't want to live the life that has been planned for her and desires freedom. One fine day, she found a way to change her fate and jumped for it. Then one thing just leads to another before she realizes what she's done at the end. The story was somewhat serious but had its fair share of lighthearted moments. The side characters really bring things to life.
 

Friday

Did not plan anything today, thought everything was canceled when I got a last minute text asking about the day. I don't know why but right then and there we got the Ipoh (Joshiee, Mun, Elaine) people together. Off to OU! Again.

Movie! Or so we thought. There was no time slot early enough for us as Joshiee has to be at the station by 6pm to leave for Klang. Meaning we had to get out of OU by 4.30ish latest. D:

Standard lunch instead! Went to Fish&Co for well.. Fish & Chips. Had a sudden craving for the dish. Mun wanted me to show her around but I don't exactly know OU so yeah. Walked around for awhile then left.

Thought of heading back to 15 for dessert but on the way we passed by Subang Parade and she just yelled out DOME pancakes! *swerve, u-turn* off to Parade! :D

And that about sums up everything.

Somewhat eventful week. :) Good start to the holidays but I feel everything will just slow down from here, till Penang at least. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment