Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 29 : Deadbeat

Gosh, I'm so EXHAUSTED! I can still feel the lingering effects of fatigue and pushing myself too hard from the G-Race on Sunday. About a week ago, I took up Steven's offer to join the G-Race, after all it could be a very fun experience. Managed to get Prem and Gazi to join too, so the 4 of us formed a team..
Team Pi Li Ann
! Lmao.

Got to college with Gazi, I drove. It was 8am. On a Sunday. Omg I should be lying in bed, staring at my bedroom ceiling, just rolling around in bed with my blanket and whatnot. But no, I'm in college, getting ready for a race, half asleep. The odds are already stacked against me. Met up with Steven who had a headache and desperately needed some Panadol, so we went to buy some for him and got back to college where Prem was waiting.

The teams got assembled during 9 and we were all briefed about the day's events. Apparently we start off with a clue and using that clue, we have to decipher it and find our way to the next station. At each station, we get 5 attempts to answer a question. If we get it right within the first three times, we get a bonus item to keep till the end of the run. Then we had to perform some game which varies at each station. And so the process repeats itself.

Ready, Set, Go!

And we were off. First..
"Find the G-Race mascot!"
Instantly, the image of a guy in a big, fuzzy and warm (somehow pizza-ish) suit came to find. O..Kay.. *starts running* Ran round and round college till Gazi and Prem found him.

Got our next clue..

"The grass is greener on the other side, but I always get stepped on"
First instinct, football field / basketball court. Ran all the way there, I turned around. OMG WE'RE FIRST! That boosted the team's enthusiasm. Saw ITIANNE at the court, yes! Confirmed it's there! This is where we suffered our first of many setbacks to come. We had decided on a cycle of picking 2,1,3 for the questions (We were given a choice of 1 to 3)

She looked at us.. "When is Earth Day celebrated?"
Setback #1. I screwed up 3 attempts with my persistence that it was in March before Prem yelled out "Give a random date la! When's your girlfriend's birthday?!" LOL!
So we got the penalty and went to play some game which involved squashing a balloon between 2 people and trying to shoot a basketball. We failed all 5 attempts again and took the final penalty, running 2 rounds around the court "WTH! We should have just done that"

By then, 2 groups had already caught up as we read our next clue..

"I am stuck between two creatures who descended from prehistoric mammals"
Oh wow, isn't that perplexing? Sadly, my stamina (I don't think you can call it that since mine sucks) collapsed halfway there. The question posed was relatively easy and we set off with our task, CHARADES! Omg I hated it, never been able to play it right.

Somehow, I managed to get most of it that day. Moment of the day..
*Steven points to a rock, Prem starts rolling on the floor* "Rock N' Roll!!!" HAHAHAHA!
The previous two groups closed in fast after that, we read our next clue..

"yawnus laitnediser letsoh, gnimmiws loop"
Sure takes a genius to figure that out, ran there and we were stuck playing a game of.. Throwing the sponged with our backs to each other until one of us catches it. Setback #2. Took us over 10 minutes to finish this as the two groups who caught up overtook us. However, Prem caught it the very first try on his second attempt. We rushed through the rest and tried to make up time with our next clue..

"My sister was born in Australia but I was born here. Some hate me but others just love me"
You know Prem.. I seriously have no idea how you managed to link that to the hospital. We ran to Monash (They did, I walked. Sorry guys I really am not the athlete *sad face*). This is probably one of the most fun stations yet. We had to arrange ourselves in random positions with only certain amount of body parts touching the ground. I don't even wanna go into the details of how we position ourselves. Some were downright ridiculous! Grabbed our next clue as we fell into third place.

"In the structure built by the Pharaoh, seek out the indian donuts"
I think it was SOMETHING like that.. This is where Setback #3 comes in. As most of us are well aware of, it isn't exactly a walk in the park to get to Pyramid from Monash. Okay, maybe it is but it was just plain torturous for me having already ran so much in one day. I delayed the team by over 10 minutes getting there. Now, this is OUR playing field, the all too familiar Sunway Pyramid. We were instructed to take photos from 9 locations and get our tags stamped.
Pfft, we took down 8 pictures, easily within 30 minutes, putting ourselves back into first place. Now, Setback#4.. The last picture. ADIDAS! We tried again and again but failed to get the correct one. Delayed us over an hour as we fell right back into third place. :(((((((

"The place where famous people work out"
was our next clue. Needless to say, we rushed there. Blew the question away as we did for the all the previous stations AFTER ITIANNE'S (ISH YOOOOOU) A task for 3. 1 push-up, 1 sit-up, 1 running. Gazi and I tackled the work outs while Prem did the running. Steven? Relaxed (:

Setback#5. We couldn't proceed due to technical issues. This is where Steven broke off from us to fix it. Things got sorted out before he got back and we read our next clue.

"Beyond the lion's head, look for the 3 bins beside the people's bank"
We found our place, Public Bank, but our fourth member wasn't there. Sadly, we were quite disorganized and this opened a window of opportunity for the 4th group to overtake us. Omg, we really blew it this time. After Steven finally got there, we were told to collect recyclables and gather at the station. Finished our task as we are now 4th and read our next clue..

"A park in the sky between North and South"
Pfft, I walk past this place, every, single, day! Setback #6. We took the long way back to college. I have no idea how I willed myself to get back to college. Every bone, tissue, and cell in my body was screaming for me to stop and just collapse due to fatigue. Maybe I just had that one goal to keep me going (:

Oh, this could very well be the FAVOURITE station for most people. We got our question..
"Who is the patron saint of ecology? You get 5 tries"
HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH? Okay, screw it, just give us the penalty. HAHA
Now time for the FUN!
Splitting into pairs, one member had to bite an apple while the other eats it! Oh my god! I hated apples.. So I took the role of biting. Needless to say, we were all AN APPLE AWAY from each other ;) Perhaps I'll start eating apples now, they were real sweet LOL!

Then we got our last clue..

"Caeftreia"
Wow. Is that a clue? or a horribly misspelled location? Ran down four floors and what'ya know? We FINISHED! In FOURTH! Sigh. Then we had to construct a model replica of whatever picture we were given in an attempt to shave some time off our final results. I'll probably upload the pictures IF I manage to get hold of them. For some reason, I felt compelled to be overly elaborate on this even though it didn't make much difference. We were still fourth.

That's when it happened. Apparently, someone had seen the first team take the shuttlebus. They had broke the rules, which resulted in instant disqualification. I wasn't sure what really happened but that moved us up to THIRD place!

Managed to win a hamper, shampoo, a BOTTLE (smiley face), and RM100 which was split among us.

Ran, died, ran summore, cramps, ran, walked, collapsed, ran, think, ran. Overall, I enjoyed it.

Urgh.. legs.. still. DEAD!! :(!!

Random thought : "You give the most unexpected replies"

No comments:

Post a Comment