Saturday, May 8, 2010

You Are The Only Exception

It was so long ago now, the anticipation of walking into class, trying to kick the new year off as good as you can. I was determined to start life anew. It still feels kind of surreal to me. Meeting everyone that I did, it felt like I've finally found that little place I fit into, I felt at home (:

I never knew why I had never talked to you before. In fact, we barely spoke to each other at all during the time I knew you. Maybe it was just the fact I wasn't exactly in the whole making new friends mood at the time. I was a pretty lost cause back then, heck, I didn't talk to half the people I knew.

You were always rushing. On the first day, I saw you run past me. I felt quite shocked to see you there, but nevertheless I was quite glad as well, for the fact that there was at least another person that I already knew in college. Almost every other time I saw you, you were ALWAYS running. Rushing to class, rushing to meet someone, basically, rushing!

Over time, I felt myself being drawn to you. Perhaps it was just the comfort of seeing a familiar face in a completely new enviroment. You know there'll always be someone you can turn to when you run into problems. Or at least, someone you can try to turn to. There was just something about you, something that makes talking to you so fun. You always seemed to radiate happiness, the complete opposite of me. That drawn me in more. I had never found anyone I was so relaxed while talking to, everything came naturally. Well, almost. There were still a few silences every now and then, but it never felt awkward to me. You wouldn't stop making fun of me, always coming up with new things to annoy me with, BIG WORDS to spike me with, saying there was never any PEACE with me around and yet putting up with it. Then again, I did the exact same to you. Being around you made all my problems just.. drift away (:

As time went on and on, I started to care about you more. I didn't just want to talk to you, I wanted to make you SMILE, even though I was never really good at it. The one thing that I wanted to see most was you smiling, no matter what. To me, you were always the bubbly and cheerful girl and you ALWAYS had a way of making me smile as well. I didn't like anyone or anything taking that impression I had of you away. Personally, I found that to be your very best trait, and the exact reason why everyone found you so likable. You smile was a pleasant sight (: On the days you were down, I wanted nothing more than to be by your side, to listen. There was once you felt extreamly down, I had never seen you that way. It killed me inside to see you that way. To be able to do nothing about it, as my words fell on deaf ears. I felt appalled by my own uselessness.

Days drag on into weeks, weeks into months. Time keeps passing, but we remain stationary. As each second passes me by, I felt more and more compelled to do something about it. I wanted so badly to let you know how much you mean to me. I don't want this to just slip by me, without me doing anything about it. I would never forgive myself if I let this slide. But I had never gotten the courage to speak out. I feared the outcome. You were always saying how you disliked people talking about us, that further discouraged me. So, I kept it bottled up, longer and longer. It was starting to take a toll on me. I was letting the negative traits that I had tried to kill once ago show again. Worst of all, I was letting it show to you, the one person I never want to see me from any negative perspective.

Without even feeling it, five months have already passed. They say, "Time flies when you're having fun" and to me, every moment with you is cherished, although I hardly ever show it. Time together isn't ever quite enough, but I'm scared that you'll find me an annoyance if I hang around too persistently. I always notice you around so easily, but I pretend to look away, or be busy with something in the hopes that I can sneak by you without you noticing me. Sometimes, I just don't know why I do the things that I do. I cringe at the thought of the year ending, when we'll go our separate ways. I never want this year to end, ever.

You're the single most unforgettable person I've met. Always bubbly, you're like a beacon of happiness. You always try to be sarcastic to me. You hate waiting for people the same way I do and are always earlier than the rest. You tend to worry a lot, especially over exams when you'll do just fine. You always forget things, I had to run all the way back to college to return you your bottle once. Your reflexes make you look motor-impaired, and you're always so slow I can't help buy laugh at you. You're also my personal ss-partner. All in all, I'm so glad I knew you.

One thing's for certain, YOU mean the world to me now.


"Up until now i had sworn that I'm content with loneliness cause none of it was ever worth the risk. Well you are the only exception"

No comments:

Post a Comment