Monday, May 14, 2012

Doodle #188 : Dance Through Your Soul

EDITED! With more photos during our routine!

Almost forgot to update regarding the concert. :P My take on this, more towards my individual experience as a whole, so there'll be less focus on the event itself. Hah. Look up Facebook for photos if you feel like it.

Yes, weeks of practice, blood, sweat and tears have finally paid off and it is all over. To think that only a few months back, I would have never envisioned myself to take part in dancing, much more perform on stage for a charity concert. But hey, I guess that's where the influnce from your friends come into play. And heck, I've one hell of a bro. One who made it look so easy to dance, and slowly cultivated, so to speak, a want to dance myself. :D I had thought of picking it up last year but I never really got around to it until now.

Better late than never, no? :)

To be honest, I have no idea how I managed to string myself into this. I remember the very first class I attended, followed Joshiee to his Intermediate class as the Beginner classes were in the afternoon (major schedule clashes). I remember vividly how awkward and out of place I felt, having never danced EVER in my life. This was going to be a first for me. At the end of 2 classes I decided to stick around and join for good. At the time, I had thought I would only be in the club, nothing more.

On the 3rd day of classes (I joined at the exact moment they begun to choreograph for the concert during my first class), we had started choreographing the positioning. Somehow or rather, during the marking of positions, the instructor moved me around "Okay you'll be here.. etc" and the only thing that went through my mind at the time was "WHAT?!", it was then I realized I had managed to get on the performance team.

Several weeks of practice later... Dot dot dot


During one of our costumed rehearsals. Hoodie power!


D:

It was time. Refer to post below this. Hah! MDFC Charity concert. The first night was okay, made some mistakes but hey, these things happen. I still feel a pang of guilt every now and then knowing it was my enthusiasm / fear that got the better of me.

Nothing can describe the adrenaline rush you get before going up on stage. Not just to dance, but perform. To truly enjoy what you are doing. :) Many thanks to my friends who came to support. Hahha. Really appreciate it. First time weih I'll be up on stage xD Coughyouguysshouldbehonouredcough.

Second night, I dug this out.


For old time's sake, and to give myself a little boost. They'll always be a part of me, all of them. Kept them in my mind as I danced that night.

Curtains were drawn, and it was time to move out.



I know you're like, wondering what this is right now..



MOVE IF YOU WANNA MOVE.






 During our routine.



The pupetteers in action.



  MIMS!



5,6,7,8.. POSE!

Truly felt awesome to be there. Guess I was pretty high after as well. Kept moving about backstage. We definitely had more energy during the second night, though I can't say the same for my enthusiasm. xD


Debriefing session. That's my instructor / choreographer Silvya at the bottom left. Really an amazing person / dancer.



Go Hip Hop! We even had a special guest appearance by Urban Groove during the second night, brought the house down. :DD


That marks the end of a gruelling 3 weeks and more of practice. Time for a brief respite from reality before revision for the exams begin.

On a side note, I find it really hard to sit still now (in a literal sense) since I started dancing. Thanks to Joshiee of course. I'm turning into him. OH NOOOOOO. Videos for both my performances up on Facebook. :)

Kinoc, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment