Sunday, May 27, 2012

Doodle #192

Lights will guide you home, and ignite your bones.

I can never get used to it. It's one thing to imagine it, but to see how fragile life is up close and personal. It's a completely different experience. Sometimes you take things for granted, always sidelining what's truly important in your life for the most trivial things. You get mad at having to be at places you get dragged to when you'd much rather be at home relaxing. You throw tantrums and show a long face just to make yourself heard, that you want to leave. Sometimes, you do care, but you just don't know how to show it.

I'm glad I decided to visit, even if I had to limp there. Just being there would have been a boost, this much I know. All my complaints and pain just went away, as I stood there rooted by the sight in front of me. I've never seen everyone come so close before without squabbling. Partly why I had never liked gatherings, they were always too noisy for my liking.

But there, in that one moment. We all stood together, for moral support. Not just for him, but for each other. It was then I realized I had never really showed how much I cared.

As a kid, I've been through this. But that was when I still wasn't aware of the direness of the situation. I was only seven then. I may have been down, but there was always a sense of lightheartedness back then.

The two people who raised me up as a kid, and had nothing but love and affection for me. I can still remember their smiles, and how they would both wave to me as I headed back to the city. They would stand out in the road and just keep waving, and I would too.. until the car reached the end and turned the corner and they vanished from sight. There was always a language barrier, even more so with the generation gap. It took but all my will to hold my emotions in as I sat there and recalled my childhood days.

But this, to know very well that every minute is precious. Is when I truly regret not being there when I was needed most. Please, I was late but I'm here now. To hold onto life, is but my only wish.

Remember that no matter what happens, blood is thicker than water.

No comments:

Post a Comment