Saturday, October 16, 2010

Adam Lambert Glamnation Tour

Yeah yeah I know my post is quite late. Sue me. (On second thought, don't. It's just a figure of speech). For some reason I find it really hard, and tedious to post something up using my laptop. I've no proper access to my pictures leaving my posts pictureless as well as a slow connection. SADFACE :(

Truth be told, I was never really keen on going to Adam Lambert's concert. I literally forgot about the whole event till my dad called me up and told me that he had two extra DiGi sponsor tickets for me and a friend. Somewhat enthralled, I invited Jon along, since he had asked me for the tickets awhile back if I had manage to get it. I'd feel bad if I bring anyone else. Hah! :D
I'll just skip straight to the part we got there.

Aly then went to meet up with her friend and her ticket leaving me, Jon and Hong Ye to just.. Sit around and wait for other friends to show up. After awhile, we managed to find Kai Xiang, as well as some other friends. (Sorry, I don't really know their names *insert sad innocent face*).
The next hour was spent virtually stoning in the same spot, watching a digi blimp, or zeppelin, float around as we scrutinized its every move and its pilots remote handling of it.



DiGiLIVE!

That's when we noticed it..
PROTESTORS!

Yes, one whole crowd of them. They were handing out anti-homosexual flyers blablabla, details details. One of those flyers said "Smth smth smth aksi aksi gaynya." Aly actually exclaimed "Look! They don't have 'gay' in BM" LOL! After awhile, a guy walked up to us and started asking us a lot of questions.

"Why do you support Adam Lambert? Do you support gays?"

What a way to jumble two completely different issues into one. What better way to reply the way KX did,
"I just support good music"

Awesomely said. :D Oh dear me, I've gotten too into the events before the actual event. I know that line made no sense but I'll just skip ahead to the good bits.
We went in about an hour after the show started and completely missed all the opening acts but ah well. What really mattered was Adam Lambert! We were all in the DiGi Sponsor Zone which was directly behind The Pitt so it would suffice to say we were pretty close to the stage. There was a clear view of it from where we stood. We were smack in the centre, or centre left to be more precise in the stadium.

It was a pretty clear view of the stage from where we stood.



Waiting for the concert to start.



Bouncing Balls! No kidding.
The wait for the main event to start seemed like an eternity. When "Beat It" started to play as we wait, all of a sudden there was an uproar from the crowd behind us. We turned around and there was a Michael Jackson impersonater dressed in a shiny silver coat dancing.

Then everything just went dark. The crowd went wild, and Lambert showed up on stage and he kicked off the night with Voodoo. Needless to say, his vocals were awesome, and the crowd went insane.

Okay maybe we weren't THAT close.
I didn't bother taking more pictures cause I'd rather spend the time to fully enjoy the musical aspect of the concert.
After that, he sang For Your Entertainment, one of the few songs that I could actually sing along. Yes, I'm not very good with my Adam Lambert song knowledge.
He then sang Down The Rabbit Hole before he did Ring Of Fire. Yeap, that song with the Egyptian-like tune that he did in American Idol.
After that he sang :
- Fever
- Sleepwalker
- Soaked
- Broken Open
- Aftermath
- Sunfire
- Strut
- Music Again
According to Aly. Sorry Aly, I didn't know most of his songs and I was too lazy to look em up :P
Course, I was waiting for him to sing Whataya Want From Me, my personal favourite Adam Lambert song. I didn't have to wait long before the lights dimmed and the spotlight fell on him when he talked about the concert's real theme : Love.
The theme of tonight's show is love. My goal tonight is to show you that there's two sides to love; the dark side of love.. and the light side of love. The thing about love is that we all can feel love and no matter who you are, love is a privilege. Sometimes, you are lucky to have found true love in your life and for that to work, you just have to ask the right questions.
Inspirational indeed. Adam Lambert then did an acoustic rendition of the song which was, in short, awesome. :)
After a few more songs, he then finished off with an electrifying performance of If I Had You.
It was an awesome, awesome night. (:

1 comment: