Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Gimme Attention, I Need It Now

I wanted to use You Are The Only Exception as the blog title as nothing screams PARAMORE more than that line till I realized I had actually titled a post with that name awhile ago.


ANYWAYS..
You know what this post is going to be about. YEAH HUH
We, are, PARAMOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Yes, I finally attended the concert of my life that I have been dreaming for since forever. Chance of a lifetime, and with me were Itianne, Prem, Samuel and Daniel. Thanks Sam for fetching us there and back ;D

We reached the stadium at 5pm, which was so early as the event is only scheduled to start at 8pm. The other guys went for their Meet And Greet, leaving me and Itianne.. to stone. Really awesome, no? Spent the few hours waiting, dawdling around and just exploring the place. What does one do in a time of boredom?

YOU TAKE RANDOM PICTURES!




YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!





Itianne and my Rock Zone tags. (:




Yeah, bored. (:

When it was finally time to go in, we went over to the Rock Zone entrance and boy..

The crowd was HUGEEEE! In fact, later on when we all came out to grab a bite, we saw the line at the counter. It extended all the way along the outside ring of that portion of the stadium, easily could have reached halfway across. That's how long it was. I reiterate, epicly long line.


The opening act was already performing by the time we got back in. I think they were called Y2K if I recall correctly.


It was back to waiting after that.



Then, the lights dimmed.




The curtains came down, and the light show began.

Silhouette effects are nothing short of awesome. (:

The music blared, the lights shone, and the shadows of the 5 most awesome people I could name could be seen, behind the veil that seperated them from the crowd.

Ladies and gentleman, I present to you,



Hayley Williams.


Jeremy Davis.



Josh Farro.



Taylor York.

I apologize for not being able to snap a photograph of Zac Farro. Zoom wasn't enough. ):

PARAMORE, nothing else in the world mattered at that moment.

They opened with an electrifying performance of Ignorance. Whoa, the crowd went insane, or at least, I did. LOL. What a way to kick it off. Hayley William sings awesome live. Her vocals were so powerful.





They followed up with the killer opening with :
- Feeling Sorry (Brand New Eyes)
- That's What You Get (Riot!)
- For A Pessimist I'm Pretty Optimistic (Riot!)
- Playing God (Brand New Eyes)
- Careful (Brand New Eyes)
- Decode (Twilight Soundtrack)

6 years. We've been on tour for 6 years and I can't believe we've never been to Malaysia before. I wish America could see this. We travel all around the globe performing. We come here to find you guys waiting for us.

Predictably enough, the response was so much better when they played the songs that were normally aired on Mtv and radio stations. Well durh, after all those were the more popular songs, such as Decode. It was really nice to get to listen to some of their older stuff too. Those were some of their best songs. (:



After that string of performances, the crew brought out a couch from backstage. Sorry for the poor quality shot.

We stole this couch from backstage.

I couldn't stop laughing when Hayley Williams said that. They then went into an acoustic session spanning 4 songs, which I wasn't really expecting. I knew they'd dish out 1 or 2 but not 4. It was a nice surprise, a real treat for fans like me, I guess.

It's been awhile since we've performed this song. Let me ask you guys now, Who here has gotten our first album? *crowd screams* Well, this is a song from it, we really enjoy playing it.

They played Let This Go. Those of you who listen to them should know how awesome it is. I felt that their acoustic rendition sounded better than the recorded one. Well, normally all acoustic versions have a more soothing appeal but this, indescribable. Truthfully, I was kinda hoping for My Heart, all time favourite song.

After that, When It Rains, another song just so soothing and suited to the whole acoustic scene.

They even played Where The Lines Overlapped acoustic-ly. That, I did not expect, one bit. (:



Final acoustic song, wait for it, Misguided Ghosts.

It was time to pick up the pace again. CrushCrushCrush got the crowd hyped up. It was a nice change of tempo, fast to slow and back to fast.

Finally, came another one of my all time favourite Paramore singles, the very song which introduced Paramore to me and reeled me into the hype and awesomeness years back.

Pressure!

It was also during this song that Hayley Williams said,

"How many of you have been to a Paramore concert? *screams* Well, welcome back! *more screams* How many of you have NOT been to a Paramore concert?" *screams twice as loud as before*

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!! Now that we have you sucked in, we are.. NEVER.. letting you go.

We. Are. PARAMORE!

I feel so inspired.



Every single song was electrifying, there wasn't a single moment of boredom nor tiredness. It seemed as though Paramore was seeping energy into the crowd, I was impervious to every form of fatigue throughout those surreal hours.
Next was Looking Up, from their latest album Brand New Eyes.

I guess the song came next was what everyone had been dying to hear. One of their latest songs from their latest albums.

Everybody, I want you to just take out your lighters, your handphones, or anything that radiates light, and sing along with me.
The Only Exception.
This was what I could see in the crowd above. A dazzling display of lights. The song and Hayley's vocals sent the crowd into a trancelike state.
That was it. For the main playlist. Then came the encore.
2 songs, both of which unforgettable.
They kicked off their encore with a solid performance of Brick By Boring Brick. (I just realized they all start with B)
That's it Malaysia. We love you guys, but before we go.. There is still one final business to attend to. And over here, there is only ONE business.
It doesn't take a genius to figure out their next and final song.
Misery Business. The stage lit up mid performance. I couldn't tell was I more stunned or dazzled.


One of the final moments of the night.
It was truly, unforgettable.

1 comment:

  1. haha.. the banner says no camera but still got pictures from the concert.. nice one :P

    ReplyDelete