Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Make That Three

If you win, you take the credit. If you lose, you take the blame.

Words echo through the silence. Deceptive and manipulative, I can't help but succumb to the same anomalies. Cluttered and disoriented, sanctuary seems a world away. A numbing sensation of paranoia creeps from obscurity, staining the picture perfect world I had envisioned. Nothing will ever be perfect, nothing will ever be. I was naive to have thought as much. To have fallen for the same tacky tricks 3 times within 3 months. To have heard those lines a fourth time, it ate away at my insides, stripping them of consciousness and rationality. This is turn plummeted me into a new low, spurring my lowly and malicious actions.

To hear it a fifth time now only ascertains my biased and rigid frame of thought and perception. No, not again.

Seven years. All good things come to an end. Oh hang on, good? That's a severe overstatement.

Blunt and and unmindful. Nobody in their right mind would deliberately place two people who don't meet eye to eye together. No, it still bugs me that such a request actually came at me. Jolted.

Then came the roundabout yet clear-cut accusation of guilt. It isn't difficult to sniff out finger-pointing in such a manner. No doubt that it came not long after I had made a remark and a line in those words were directed at what I said.

Coming back to the issue at hand, the circle is dwindling. Only 6 remain.

The most delicate and important of which is still untainted.

It's true when they say, "It's never the enemy that gets you, it's always your own people."

Ringing true.

No comments:

Post a Comment