Friday, February 18, 2011

Jumpstart

Thought of the day : I'd like it it was a little less formal.

Tomorrow marks the very final weekend before I officially enroll as a student at Monash, Sunway. Am I excited? Durh. However, it may not be the reasons you'd expect it to be. To become a university student, quite. Though my very main anticipation right now revolves around the fact that I no longer have to struggle to live through each day having absolutely nothing to do.

Months back, I had sworn to fill my holidays with nothing but outings after outings after outings and gatherings. Did I fulfill that pledge? Well, in the past two months, I have had zero outings. Nil, nadaa, zilch. Wait, you say I contradict all the previous posts I had written? Let's put it this way then. I have attended a few gatherings at places but those that I really REALLY want to go to, have ALL been called off. Coincidental much? I'll never know.

In short, I'd say that this holiday ended in line with every other holiday I've spent in my life, it was rather uneventful and lackluster. There were a few moments worth remember but only just. Some might say that I may have mixed priorities in life, perhaps I do. I have the oddest way of weighing how much each individual event means to me. I should lower expectations next time.

Speaking of the last weekend, I'll try to rally the troops again. Should this not work, say goodbye till June as that's the break for Feb intakes. Stressed? This is only the tip of the iceberg.

A part of me long forgotten buzzed with life again. Perhaps I need longer to snuff it out and sever ties that are no longer relevant to my life.

I'm very well aware that I've jumbled up at least 3 seperate events into one post. That's the beauty of it, you never really know what I'm writing about unless you know me personally. I guess. Meh.

All in all, I'm happy that I did what I did. After all, nothing beats the thought of not knowing. It's the absolute worst feeling in the world. It's smth I learnt well, from the shadows of my past self. :)

Thanks.

Note : I'm sorry for the rather depressive tone but right now.. The only recreation I've had for the holidays is a steady gymming streak with the Ooi.

I'll try to improve the tone of my posts after the beginning of uni. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment