Friday, November 19, 2010

Stars Twinkle In The Brilliant Night Sky

Yesterday was the day, as I'm about to write. AusMat Graduation Night 2010, Night of a Thousand Stars. To some, it was a night that signifies the ending of a 17 month (July), 10 month (January) or a 7 month (March) struggle.

Different as the duration may be, one thing about the night remained the same for everyone. The night marked the end of an era and the beginning of another as each of us took a step into our new world and walked down our individual paths. Some of us may cross paths again while others may not. But to me, the night meant more than just that, it was also my first prom event since my high school one was cancelled. Enough bout that, time to get into the details. :)

Had to play the role of a driver that afternoon, fetched Mun over to Amanda's place. Then headed home to prepare.

Arrived at Holiday Villa about 20 minutes ahead of the scheduled starting time of the event. Ran into Marcus and Yoke Yee before attempting to locate the place.


(:

Managed to locate the hall but we couldn't go in yet. It appeared as though they were still preparing. We peered into one of the side windows and saw the lecturers dancing. Yes, haha! Later that night, we realised why.

Waited for Itianne, Amanda and Mun to arrive then we all went and joined Marcus and Jo in the reception hall for a camwhore pre-graduation photo session.




Finally, the time came for us to go in and find our respective places. If I could talk about one flaw of the night, it was how we were all horribly dispersed into random tables. Marcus and Mun at one, Jo and I at another, Kelly, Suqi and May Jing at yet another while Itianne and Amanda were lost in the crowd.

But alas, everything was still good. After a round of opening speeches and introductions, it was time to get into the good stuff.

A performance by the AusMat lecturers! This is why we saw them dancing earlier.



A journey through time as they displayed various dance styles from the century. Awesome performance since they've only practiced for about 4 days. (According to what I heard).

Then another performance from Mr. Varun and Hou Yin,


A short story about how your past can creep back out to haunt you.

Then, this,



After all the performances,

DINNER!

Not being that big fan of food, I'll skip the food reviews of the night. However, this can be certain. It was GOOOOOOOOOOD.

Round #2 of camwhoring photo sessions. (:


Alvin and Kelly, don't they look so sweet? :P


Jo! What are you planning? :O

Yong with Mun.


Jas, Mun and Itianne.


Some of us got quite hyped.


Stars of the night. (:


Whore brothers, in action!


The guys.

Now, all the lecturers that have played a part in shaping who we are today, I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart. (:


Group shot with Mr. Varun, Bio lecturer.


With Ms. Sumathi, equilibrium shifting! :D


Mr. Paddy! Our favourite Physics lecturer :P





Our favourite EAL/D lecturer, Mr. Oliver! Say more, :D
Psst! Personally, he's my favourite lecturer. ;)


Miss Theeba, our Physics lab teacher.


Amanda and Itianne with Ms. Su Chen, 3A/3B Maths lecturer.

Sadly, I couldn't locate all of our lecturers, :( Too crowded D:

Now, to introduce all the people I've met this year. They mean the world to me, and some of them have changed me in ways I've never expected. (:


Itianne! Most impacting friend I've made, hands down. (:


Kah Mun, my dearest AusMat sister. (:


May Jing *looks around* WHERE ARE YOU??


Amanda, no nonsense and all logic. :P


Kelz! My pool cannon fodder. (:


Tai Ka Jie! Ringleader of the girls in our group. xD


Hoshinee!


Yoke Yee, my Maths classmate. :D


Alvin, he just eminates a gay presence, sorry I couldn't resist. D:


Shen Hui, super smart :P


Premjeet "TeaBag" Singh. You know the drill. ;)


Melvin, gay ass. LOL


Kuchiki! The sleepy one xD


Huay Ing, my assistant. (:


Daniel Chin.

Singaporian, Hock Yong.


Jot! You still owe me fish biscuits.


Melody. :D


My fellow Mr. Choong, Jack. :D

STEVEEEEEEEEN!

That's all the photos that I have with me, others I took are with others.

Then we went over to the nearby pool for one last group photo taking session.


Group shot.


The two SMs of the night. (:


TWINS! Itianne and Jo Keat.


Another group shot.


Group hugs and goodbyes. :(


Our whole group family shot, YES LA PREM YOU ARSE FINALLY SHOWED UP! With the exception of Itianne, that's us. (:

It felt surreal to be within the company of such unique individuals. Truly, it is a blessing to have had the privilege to have known and befriended you guys.

I love you all, each and every one. (:

Sadly, the night was missing one person.


Cornelia Watson, my favourite wall. (:

That night wasn't an ending, it was a new beginning for all of us. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment