Saturday, April 2, 2011

Doodle #50 : Reform

I shall take a break from the hectic somewhat relaxed life I've been living for awhile and take some time to do some self-reflection.

It's rather strange that the level of stress that I've been shouldering for the past 5 weeks have been rather low in comparison to most of my cohorts and peers. The amount of attention I've been putting into my work clearly reflects my attitude towards my studies. The bare minimal. Having said that, it goes to show that old habits die hard. I remain ever the sloth, procrastinating until the very last minute to get my work done.

To say this now would be contradictory to my previous statement. I've completed two of the 3 assignments handed to me on the very first day of classes itself. My Pathophysiology essay as well as my PHS roles of a pharmacist. Despite my nonchalant demeanor, there's a joy like no other that's attainable only with the satisfaction of a job well done. A job that I've put nothing less than blood, sweat and tears fleeting motivation to complete. If I'm starting to sound hypocritical, I apologize.

My friends are my endless source of motivation. To see them work so hard on their studies only frightens motivates me to kick it up a notch. Once I'm done with this, I'm moving on to completing my MIP, which is already a week behind schedule. I've 2 weeks of medicines to catch up on.

I think you (the reader) might notice a deviation from my usual style of jotting down my thoughts. Slight, perhaps? Lately, I've been feeling a little under the weather. Been having these instances where I'd just shut down and close myself off. However, I've no right to say that I've a lot on my mind.

If you ask me to name one thing that I'm enjoying now, I'd say it would be how my course turns out. A small tight knitted (somewhat) group of 51. My friends for the next 4 years. Though I've yet to acquaint myself with almost half of them, it'll come in time. (I hope, since I was never known as the sociable one)

Taking a step away from the more serious issues in life, I'm well aware that I'm a person who prefers to sweep all his problems under the rug hoping that nobody will ever stumble across what I'm hiding. Being asked bluntly by one of my most direct friends, I couldn't help but wonder. I've been stringing myself back on forth on this issue, changing my mind every few days. Well.. I'm still unsure. I know I'm indecisive. :)


Sorry that I'm starting to sound monotonous.

Call me outdated, I really am. But my latest addiction,


ROAR.

In spite of everything, I've been able to find solace in the fact that,

I've a reason to look forward to every new day. :)

If you've noticed, yes. I've changed my blog template. It's a nice change, isn't it? :P From the usual depressive state. It's easier on the eyes now. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment