Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Doodle #54

Somethings' watching over me, like sweet serendipity. (:

Fun fact, I had originally intended to only use the term "Doodle #" whenever I'll be writing nothing but spam posts, consisting of minute daily rants. Hence, it wouldn't have spanned longer than a paragraph. As you can see, it hasn't exactly ended up that way.

I wanted to classify every post with its individual tag, but that proved to take way too much attention. Being ever the unfocused and perpetually perplexed one, I gave up less than a month after I implemented that idea into my posts. Here I am now.

For today's post, I shall linger a bit on the day. I realize it's not everyday I blog about my life. Usually it's a collection of random thoughts that have to do with something insignificant and/or redundant in my thoughts. No, not today!

Today, I had my first lab session for PAC1111, Physiology.

Warning : Science content. Those of you who are scientifically intolerant should look away now, or just skip the following paragraphs.

It was on membranes, namely those in your RBC. Figure out what that abbreviation is for yourself. Here's a hint though, the experiment involved pricking ourselves, then observing our cells under the microscope. We were to prepare 3 slides, to immerse them into three different solutions, isotonic, hypotonic and hypertonic.


We were handed those automatic pricking thingamajigs (NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE CALLED). If you've been to a pharmacy and you've seen someone check their blood sugar levels, you'd know what I'm talking about. Those thingys they use, prick your finger with a press of a button. So we were briefed and stuff, and Joshua volunteered to prick his finger to draw the blood needed. 2 automatic prickers later, he made 3 slides. All 3 were so lightly coloured / diluted we couldn't do much with it. He needs more blood, like seriously. Hahaha. Having used all of our prickers, we needed more blood. So what do we do? We get the manual prick. =.=


OH MY GOSH IT'S DAMN SCARY OKAY.

It's like. Needle jutting out of it, and you just stab yourself your finger with it.

Then it's 2 hours of statistics. I really love my MAT3C/3D notes. :D

Another day, another bout of studying. I feel motivated. Time to read up Chemistry. Oh, I failed my first attempted for my Chemistry pre-lab assessment. I'm awesome. MUAAHAH.

2 comments:

  1. i hate dealing with blood.. haha.. feels "weak" when i see it :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, other people's blood or just blood in general. :P Must commend my friend who used the manual prick. Damn brave. xD

    ReplyDelete