Monday, April 11, 2011

Doodle #56 : Threshold

Well, I never saw it coming. Should've started running a long long time ago.

The stress is slowly starting to pile up. Usually I'm one of the slowest people around, but even I'm feeling the pressure. I'm nowhere near the end of my first semester yet. As of now, I'm only midway through. Yes, you got it. Mid terms are coming up. Despite the initial panic wave, I'll only be up against PAC1111 for mid terms. Apparently it was the only unit with a mid term exam. Sadly, it's my worst unit thus far. Biological jargon was never my cup of tea. Throughout my life as a student, I'm proud to say that I was never the brightest Biology student around. True, I skimmed passed SPM with an A but everybody knows the standard of SPM is nowhere near tertiary education level. In fact, SPM was the last time I had any contact with skeletal muscles, cardiac muscles and whatnot.

Having taken a year long hiatus from Biology (AusMat doesn't count, we learn about the environment) I'm rusty. Very rusty. Somehow, I need to locate that inner drive, to propel me to finish my revision. If it's any comfort, it'll be an MCQ, I really hope. That's the only shining beacon of light I've left to hang on to.

Apart from that, I'd say life's good. Against all odds, I've finished both written assignments ahead of schedule. I'd crack a grin if I could. Nevertheless, as one tasks ends, another begins. I've to begin work on my oral presentation soon. I've been getting random panic attacks worrying over this. My content is there, but I feel that it's inadequate for a decent presentation. This is my first solo project, it's safe to say I can feel the pressure. I really need to display what I'm capable off.

Speaking of which, I need to learn how to use PowerPoint. I mean, I already do. But I wanna know how to use it with... How shall I put this?

Flair.

For that, I shall enlist the aid of an old cohort. The powerpoint wizard. :)

Thresholds, a tipping point. The verge of change. So familiar, yet so distant. With each footfall, my sense of fear grows stronger. The end of which has been eluding me. I know not what awaits me, only what leads me onward. A point I've never reached, but used as a stepping stone to reach.

Another day, another task to be done. Back to lab reports.

Kinoc, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment