Monday, April 25, 2011

Doodle #68 : Pharmily's Day Out

Monday, 2011 Apr 25.

Had somewhat of a half-class gathering today at Sunway Pyramid. Or rather, we split into 2 groups.

Those who wanted to sing k.

Those who wanted to ice skate.

I found myself placed in the latter, along with Joshua, Adeline, Jhii Lien and Chern. Dave who was supposed to come along, abandoned us for his cooler movie going friends. Yes, such a fickle minded woman, don't you think? (Yes, I'm criticizing you because you said I always do)

For the first half of this post, I'll only be focusing on my group. I've no idea what went on for our counterparts.

Anyways, rendezvous time was set to 12.40pm but we were only fully assembled at 1.30pm.

It felt thrilling to set foot into the ice skating rink again. It's been over a year since I last skated and to date, I've only skated twice. Taking this time into account, I'd have done it thrice. Excitement was running pretty high among us. Best of all, the ice rink wouldn't be as packed as it would be on a weekend, ensuring more than enough room for maneuverability. Although I doubt that we would be needing much space to fumble around. Everyone, apart from Jhii Lien, was a complete greenhorn at skating.

So we discarded our comfy shoes for something a lil more tight fitting. Skating shoes. Primed with shiny blades complete with pointy steel tips.

Dangerous indeed.


Ready to skate!



JOSHIEEE! Skating pro.


Everybody abandoned me, so I had to skate alone. :( Credits to YokeYee for this shot. I look dumb though. D:


Heh. (:

So I managed to stay upright throughout my entire skating session. Towards the end of the day, I finally managed to get a hang of the technique to.. propell? myself forward. I'm not really sure about the exact way of doing it but I think you use the steel tip to dig into the ice to gain anchorage where you push yourself forward?

Or something along those lines.

I'm just glad I didn't fall today. Though I came close on at least 2 occasions. Then, the ice had thawed somewhat and the rink was wet, and really slippery.

Amidst the breaks for the workers to reice the surface, we had several TruthOrDare sessions. Pharmily bonding! *inserts heart shape*

So we saw the Sing K group pop up sometime around 5. Zhi Shan, Jason, Mei Yi, Esther, Lynn, Voon and Ivan.

So we made ourselves scarce and joined them as we decided where to fill our stomachs for dinner.

Several minutes of nonexistent discussion later, we found ourselves outside of of the most innocuous restaurants ever. Truth is I never really noticed the place until a friend of mine pointed it out to me last year. Several times. For her birthday and a number of other occasions. And Miss Yip, I hope you read this, I'm eating there without you promoting the place. HAH

Hartz Chicken Buffet.

Yes, LOL indeed.

Somehow, 2 hours passed by as we munched our dinner down while we "keng gai" and "keng sam si" ROFL.

Did a lil shopping then with Jhii's help. Hope it goes well later on. ;D

Then, to relive our more youthful times.


ARCADEEE!!


Pewpewpew Time Crisis ftw!

That's the gist of it.

Kinoc, out.

1 comment: