Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Lee DeWyze

Hello again.

Yes, the title says it all. Attended the free concert by AI Season 9 winner Lee DeWyze at Subang Parade. Coincidentally, it was a public holiday today. That's an offer you can't expect me to pass up. I needed to get out of the house anyway. I'm still slightly rattled from the latest mishap, and really needed to destress. So concert time, with Jon!

It was scheduled to begin at 4, so we left at 3. Since neither of us were actual Lee DeWyze fans, we didn't really know any of his songs. I only knew 1, and Jon knew 2. With the aid of personal audio selections, we listened to his album throughout the way there. I might add that it didn't really help. Haha.

As with all free concerts, it drew a relatively huge crowd. And of course, Jon and I (or rather he, as he was the driver) struggled to locate a parking spot. Nevertheless, we got lucky after almost 10 minutes. Whee.


Lights. That's the stage. Quite small, then again, it's Subang Parade, there's not much space to begin with.


All the levels (paths or stairs) filled with fans, and also many onlookers.


First, we headed up to the first floor at an attempt to secure a clear vantage point of the performance below. After less than 5 minutes, the heat and lack of ventilation at our camp site deterred us from staying there. Hence, we relocated ourselves to a more comfortable location.

Once again, I'm very sorry, to the lady who I opened the stairway door against.
Goes to show you shouldn't lean against the door, no matter where you are. People might just open them.


Better air, air conditioned and view still was quite nice.


LEE DEWYZE! He came on about 10 minutes past 4, which was relatively fast for Malaysian timing.

*begins listing down all his songs* (Please attempt this process on your own)

With the exception of Beautiful Like You (for Jon) and Sweet Serendipity, I didn't know any other of his songs. I admit, I'm not really a fan. But I really like the 1 song I knew. Which he played as the final song.

All in all, it lasted 40 minutes.

Hands down, shortest concert I've attended.

Then all those who purchased his CD got a Meet&Greet autograph session. Aww man, I should've bought a CD. :(

Nom nom on RotiBoy, first time I've eaten their bun in almost 2 years. *more sad faces* And note, their ice blended coffee is rather nice. Yum.

Which concludes the day, and my post.


On a side note.... Dot dot dot.

Should I start blogging in a more colloquial manner? Or should I refrain myself from doing so and retain my original serious and no-nonsense (Instantly thought of a friend as I mention those traits) attitude at writing? Hehhh.

Speaking of which, I should reply her e-mail before she feels all abandoned again.

No comments:

Post a Comment