Friday, July 8, 2011

Doodle #99 : Broga Hill

I apologize for the lengthy delay for putting up this post. I've been experiencing some technical issues with my computer throughout the entire week. Not only has it crashed on it, well.. It crashed on me. At least 5 times within 3 days I had to reformat it.

In the end, I gave up on XP, and I'm currently on Windows7 *cheers*

Back to the main topic...


Sometime last week, a Saturday if I recall correctly, I joined my highschool classmates on a trip to Broga Hill (hence, the title of this post). Well.. We were scheduled to depart from KK in 2 cars, driven by our ever dependable class monitor, Beng Way (Jon, WK, Joel, and I) and the not so dependable Edwin Ooi (Joy, Andrea, Kareshma, Alicia) *bracketed names are passangers* at approximately 4:40am. Needless to say, nothing ever really goes as planned. Some of us were late, for our respective reasons, and we only left close to 5am.

Gawd, that was one of the earliest times I've woken up.

So we pushed off, determined to catch sunrise despite the initial delays. All was well.. We found ourselves reaching the SKVE highway, and continued on.. Until we noticed we were heading back in the opposite direction. Better yet, we were heading back towards a toll we had just passed. A U-turn later, we passed the same toll, a third time and drove back to our wrong turning.

This time, convinced we were right "THE BIG ASS SIGN LARHHH" we carried on.. Towards another toll, and what seemed to be a VERY dark and abandoned highway. "This isn't even on my map!" - Jon. Baaad news. We asked the lady at the toll booth. We were on the right highway all right, just heading in the completely wrong direction.

Garh.

Hours later, we finally reached the hill, at least an hour later than we'd like, and also after an additional RM10 in toll fees.

Luckily enough, the day was still dark as we moved uphill.

All was well, until I saw this (what I would call) near impossible incline.




This was only viewpoint 1, the first of four viewpoints, which only proceed higher up in the hill.



Not too shabby.



Sunrise :)



Looking off.



My Viewpoint 1 buddy, Alicia.

We both ended up bagsitting. Aly was tired, and I couldn't be bothered to hike up an additional 3 viewpoints.

So..........






CAMWHORE~!


Hours later, after the sun had risen and were bearing down on us.. The others finally got back.

Back down, the ridiculously steep incline.



Slide Jon, SLIDEEE.




What?! We only climbed 1.7km?



Hikers for the day.


Went back to KK for breakfast at Auntie Juliet's. Not exactly the best place for breakfast.

It was only 9am, yet felt like 2pm. Super tired.

That concludes this post..


Next? Pavillion with the blondies! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment