Saturday, July 16, 2011

Doodle #103

Time for a short rant.

I'll get into the writings for both the high school class trip to Genting as well as today's party sometime later. Maybe tomorrow, or the day after. I guess hobbies always die out after awhile, maybe you just lose interest, or you just can't find the time. Regardless of reason, you cannot refute the outcome.

It's been so long since I last picked up my guitar. True, they're both well within arm's length as I sit at my desktop, browsing the net. But since my GuitarPro5 program died, I've never been able to locate a replacement guitar tablature program. Perhaps I have not been looking hard enough. I do have Power Tabs but they're nowhere near as fun to use. Hence, my guitar-ing just.. died out. They both lay within reach, yet ignored most of the time.

I've no songs to learn up anyway. Last song I played, and still remember how to would be 'She is Love' by Parachutes. I've gotta say, it was pretty satisfying to learn it up, especially since I haven't played my acoustic for almost a year before picking the song up. All I have is basic knowledge of chords, nothing about scales nor techniques. So much for being a guitarist. I guess it was all hot air to begin with since I never had the passion for music, except listening to it and spreading the hype for otherwise relatively unknown bands.

How long has it been since I last hit the gym? I can't even remember anymore. Another plan gone with the wind. Since the ban on the gym at the club, I hadn't bothered to work out anymore. Heard it's been lifted but I could find no motivation whatsoever to begin my routine again. All I'm doing is try to keep to my regular jogging routine, with little success.

Guess it just shows how indecisive I am, or rather, a failure to stick with my resolutions. Meh. Somehow or rather, I can feel my life wasting away while I do absolutely nothing to make anything of myself. Sure, I get by on a day to day basis but that's bout it.

What is purpose, but a direction one heads?

I yearn for the days to tick by hastily, for the day to come where I'll begin my redundant studying routines again. I may complain on the outside on how I hate waking up early, wanting to sleep in, and abhorring the workload but inside, maybe I've always enjoyed it.

This post sounds clustered and fragmented. Does it? Can't say that I'm getting anywhere near the proficiency level I'd like to have. To write in my old style may be somewhat pretentious, but it did give me a sense of self-satisfaction.

Throwing arduous words about with little or no effort. Those were the days. I've just been lacking both drive and inspiration.

Guess that concludes today. I feel drained, both mentally and physically. Just glad I didn't get lost on the drive home, felt good to drive without traffic on the road.

Kinoc, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment