Sunday, July 10, 2011

Doodle #100 : Thankful

Before I get into my outing the other day, I'd just like to express how grateful I am for the way things have turned out. On a few things as a matter in fact.

First and foremost, Semester 1 results have just been released by Monash. Best of luck to each and every fellow Monash-ian from every course, whether we are acquainted or not. The release of the results really had a, to say the least 'unexpected' factor to it. I hadn't been expecting any news till at least noon tomorrow, yet my phone rang midway through a HoN match. Jean had called me up to verify the authenticity of the SMS she received about her results. Frankly, that really jolted me. I mean, my own results will be arriving anytime soon.

Needless to say, a few minutes after I hung up the call, my phone buzzed. I didn't need to check the message to know what it was. When I did, my notions were only confirmed. It was an unknown number, Australian.

Here goes nothing.. *click*

"my.monash portal SMS Results:
PAC1111 ...XX,
PAC 1121 ...XX,
PAC 1211 ...XX,
PAC 1311 ...XX"

My complacent work throughout Semester 1 lead to this moment. The only thing that I can say is that I'm..

Thankful.

Yes. I wouldn't say that I've aced the tests but I had certainly exceeded my own expectations, 'cause that's what really counts. You have to reach the goal you've set for yourselves. There's not much to be gained when you put yourself against others for the sake of comparison. A lesson I learnt well from a brother. :)

Bottom line is, I'm really happy that I had passed all 4 units, and that I'll be able to see everyone again the following semester. Feels rather nolstagic, felt like receiving my AUSMAT results. :')

Cheers. :)





On a side note, I just cannot understand why do people openly deny responsibility for their actions despite evidence clearly showing otherwise. I wouldn't say that I really cared before this, but recent events have really touched me, to say the least. A picture's worth a thousand words, and backed with video evidence, how can one deny it? Aghast.

I'll get writing on my trip after this.

No comments:

Post a Comment