Friday, July 29, 2011

Doodle #109 : Rest Day

A break from the hectic schedules and classes! I'll come clean, classes have been rather loosely packed so far. After all it's only been a week! Best of all, they left my Fridays free of any classes. Frankly, it does have its downsides. The first half of my current semester will have classes rather spaced apart. True, that does give us ample space to kick back, and try to soak in the new knowledge passed to us.

The question is.. Will it reach us?

With the current timetable, sure. We'll be relaxed. But after the midway point, classes will be hectic. It's almost a carbon copy of the last 3 weeks of Sem 1 where we had classes from 9-5 with only an hour's worth of time in between for our lunch. I wouldn't want to go through that again, I'd gladly sacrifice the holidays they give us to even out our schedules. But that's just me. Another downside is the extra time given to us is to accommodate the assignments we've been given.

As opposed to Sem 1, we only have 2 (not 3) assignments given this time round. An oral presentation and an essay. But hey, didn't we do those in Sem 1? Well, that's where you're wrong. Unlike Sem 1, we aren't given a topic for oral. We've to scour and select our very own. Neither are we presented with Self Care Fact cards to provide a rough draft for our respective speeches. Nope, no more spoonfeeding. The plus side? We get to choose smth we're truly interested in. The downside? More research work. Best aspect is, it's a Physiology presentation. We're going to be expected to go into the whole mechanism of action and whatnot. Definitely not my strong suit.

The essay? I mean yeah, we're only given one. Unlike Sem 1 where we had 2. Bear in mind that both essays given in Sem 1 had a word constraint of roughly 750 words (ie. 2 pages). This time, we're expected to hand in a piece of work ranging from 1800-2500 words. On Human Behaviour. Only consolation is that we're allowed to select our own topic. Somewhat.

I'm not one for long essays, those who know me should be aware. I've never written a single piece of writing longer than 800 words.. I think. Well, maybe 850 at most. That only scratches the halfway mark of the target words needed for this assignment.

I'm pretty sure I'll need some help. Least I've some friends who've experience in researching deep topics and scouring through journals as well as writing long reports. Scratch that, not friends but family. I shall leech of you two again! :D Like I do with highlighters. :D :D

I think my writing style has became pretty dry. Don't you? The only aspect of it that I like right now is the fact that I'm shedding my old dark tone. Perhaps I've mentioned this several times before? It's also somewhat formal-ish. I don't believe in including emoticons (although I do at times, to add depth and flavour) nor Malaysianism (ie. larh, le, nia, etc) into my writing.

Standard English, as I've been taught. :)

A short update on my life now.

Had BKT with the others! Yum yummm. I think they're the BKT gang la. Haha. Jean, Joshiee, Chern. Jamie didn't join us this time. Jhii joined us, Melody FFK. ): I think we should go down to Klang sometime. Look for Master Dave. :D

Kinoc, out.

Maybe I'm slightly bipolar.

2 comments:

  1. uni life could be hectic i guess, with all the assignments and exams.. but somehow if i have the chance, i'll go thru it again.. but on 2nd thought, lazy to study already :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. True. Sometimes you just feel bogged down. Hahaaa. Rofl, the studying part is just urghhhh. ):

    ReplyDelete