Monday, July 25, 2011

Doodle #107 : World Stage 2011

After weeks of attempting to get the passes, it's finally here. WORLD STAGE!

This would be my second World Stage Concert. The first one I attended was 2 years back, in Sunway Lagoon.


My pair of passes. It was ridiculously tedious to get hold of them. I had tried for about a week on the website to no avail and just gave up on them. Then, my friend managed to get me a voucher through X-Pax for a pair of them.

The catch? I had to travel to Pavillion ASAP before they ran out. Needless to say, I rushed down there the day itself, which would be the 8th of July. Alone. I'd have to thank Adeline for teaching me the way down the week before, I would have gotten hopelessly lost otherwise. (explains my constant ranting on some errand I had to do weeks ago)

Back to the concert.. Left KK with Jon at roughly 4:30PM, it only took us 10-15 minutes to get there. I never knew i-City was so close to Kota Kemuning. Awesomeness.

Got charged RM10 for parking entrance fee. Meh. Still ample parking space. I had expected parking to be hellish. No matter. Point is we're there.


Just follow the crowd.


And also head towards the huts.


Got ourselves registered and went in to join the line. The crowd at the time seemed rather small, and loosely packed.


Well, we were wrong. Got inside and OH DAMN. Long queue. So we just sat around and waited for the doors to open. Well, just me. Jon didn't want to sit cause he had white pants on. Hahaha.


Haiz, why so long wait?


Spotted this sign in the crowd. "Jared, you've got amazing eyes"

At about 5:45PM we heard cheering, and the crowd began to move. So let's go! Even managed to get quite in front before the crowd really started moving in.


Packed. Did I mention that it was HOT?


You can see the stage from here!


Food and Beverages Hut lay close by, ready to fleece money provide much needed relief.

Went straight towards the stage to find a place with a decent view. Ended up on the left side.


Went away for a bit and came back trying to find Jon in the crowd again, cause the concert was starting. Funny thing is, I told him to raise his hand so I could see him, at the exact moment people came on stage. So the WHOLE CROWD raised their hands, jumped up and down, cheered.

Fail.

Found him anyways. Or rather, he found me. Striking orange shirt ftw.


Hitz.FM crew, JJ and Ian. Can't help but think of their rendition of the hated famous "Friday" song.

Did I mention the sun was hot? Blazingly hot?

Soon after they left, the first act came on.


Pop Shuvit!

One of my favourite local bands. Though I didn't know any of their songs. They were pretty catchy though. Was waiting for their one song that I knew, and pretty much so did the whole crowd.

I found myself standing near this group of teenage kids. Yeah. Why did I bother? Cause they were rowdy. Not the typical concert rowdy, mostly high pitched screaming, yelling, and jumping up and on, stepping on my foot twice.


Nevertheless, the time finally came. PROJECT E.A.R came up on the background displays. They invited some SG, Phillipines and Thailand artists on stage. And it began.

MARABAHAYA!

Crowd went nuts.

At this point, the group of kids got caught in between 2 groups that were moshing. I would have pitied them if I wasn't so annoyed. Felt a strange sense of satisfaction when I saw that they had a very distinct glint of fear in their eyes. They all became super quiet and huddled next to each other, seemingly paralyzed by the possessed crowd.

And they all ran away.

YEAHHH. I know I sound pretty mean now, like I care. Rawr.

After that, they took a break before the next artist came on stage. Good enough for me, I needed my dinner. K-Pop fans rejoice, next up was B2ST. Me? Meh. I was more concerned with filling my tummy.

RM5 for what was probably half a can of coke. Literally daylight robbery. Prices there were worse than Genting. Wth. The waffles were RM3, quite small. But better than nothing. Tasted pretty nice though. I iz happy boi nao. Nom nom nom.


As I ate, I could hear B2ST performing. Much too far to walk back for them so I just watched their performance from where I sat.

Got interviewed by some guy about the event. Scored a free EcoButton thingamajig. Still haven't tried using it.


Jon's moon. Hahahhahaha.

So I sat there, waiting. Waiting. For?




NEON TREES!!!


Animals. LOL

Ironic that Neon Trees was performing in i-City, a city full of neon trees. Hahahahhaa.


They finally came on!

If I remember correctly, they opened with Your Surrender. Tyler's eyes were so.. They seemed to stare into your soul. :O Personally I found him pretty creepy. The way he moved about on stage and the things he said. Despite that, they were really entertaining to watch, Tyler especially.

He then said something about being in his mother's womb, and as he was coming out, he saw a light. Telling him to feel the music in his veins, or something along those lines, and began singing 1983.

Loved Sins of My Youth. The crowd was snapping along to In The Next Room. Felt really awesome to be seeing them live.

Of course, everybody (myself included) was just waiting... WAITING.. For that one hit song.

I wanna tell you guys about this girl I dated while I was 16. We were atop a hill gazing at the stars. I looked into her eyes as they were sparkling in the moonlight. Suddenly, I felt a spark. And her eyes turned yellow. Her ears became pointy. Her claws started to show. (more or less what was said)

Then it began.

Ooohhhh oohhh.

ANIMALS! :D :D


Our view was considerably further back from where we were for Pop Shuvit. Still pretty clear though.

Time for yet another break. Went back for more coke, drained another RM5. ZZZZ.

Dem Dem Dem..

The main act of the night.


I half expected them to pop up on stage through the light, from the floor.. when..


BOOM everything exploded. And it began.

30 Seconds to Mars!

They opened with A Beautiful Lie and followed up with Attack. Massive. I instantly felt the surge of adrenaline through my veins. A short introduction later, they played Search and Destroy.

I wanna see everybody jumping. We're gonna jump so high we touch the stars.

I think I jumped way too much on this song. Felt so drained after.

Belting out more hits, they played This Is War. The energy level just kept rising and rising. Somehow or rather, being at the back just isn't as enjoyable as being in the middle of a crowd. Going nuts felt so out of place. I wanna be in the midst of it all. D:

After a short break, they went into an acoustic session.

TWO SUPER LUCKY BUGGERS GOT CALLED UP ON STAGE. I ENVY THEMMMM. D: D: D: They even got to bring their friends up. One of the friends started hyperventilating when he got on stage, as though he couldn't believe what was happening. It shown on his face, and he hugged his friend. Hahah. Bromance.

Among the songs played during the acoustic session was Hurricane. It was gooooooood, but I liked the non-acoustic one more. Then they played The Kill. Ahhh, why acoustic? :( Still, they were awesome.

They closed with Closer To The Edge.

I was tired as hell. D: Knew they would come back for at least 1 more song. Encore yo' B'sides, they have yet to play Kings and Queens. Left then though, :/ Garhhh. As we were walking back to Jon's car, they came back out. Could hear them loud and clear. Think they were calling up more people onto the stage. D: D: Nooo I want gooo.

They played Cowboys From Hell by Pantera. :D Makes me wanna pick up my guitar again.

Finally, Kings and Queens. Sang along in the distance. Was already back at the car by now.

In short?

Bloody awesome. I don't regret going. One bit. :)

Kinoc, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment