Sunday, September 11, 2011

Doodle #133

This post is just for the sake of updating. Sorry about that. :P

It's Sunday again. Though I couldn't care less. I was never one for the holidays, since I hardly ever left the house. Never had mates to go out with anyway, everyone has their own agendas to attend to.

That aside, the assignment week is finally over! Finally done with my oral presentation. I was rather disappointed with my overall performance though. Maybe I should reduce the emphasis on memorizing my lines and the key words and instead focus on the way I carried myself during speeches. Sure, I had dotted every line in my mind before it was my turn yet somehow it didn't add up right.

I was in the "zen" mode before the session was scheduled to start. Rather calmed and relaxed. Controlled breathing. :P We kick started about 5-10 minutes behind time but that wouldn't have made a difference. I was second in line. First up was Kuok Liang. Then the nerves made their way back and struck home.

My turn was up, and my knees just buckled.

Bahh.

Somehow or rather I managed to stay composed and miraculously managed to retain my coherence. I probably blasted through the slides like a bullet train. The expressions of my colleagues showed that. I had swamped them with a large amount of information in such a short period of time. Such a fine line between time constraints and information depth. Perhaps my worry was unfounded, there was a plus-minus 2 minutes gap allowed for each presentation and we weren't really timed to begin with. I could only shrug meekly.

On the bright side, it shows that I've done my research well. (A) That and Jean said I spoke clearly. Yes! I managed to save myself from utter disaster. Least they could hear what I was saying. I didn't reach the standard I had set but I'll better myself the next time. I really miss my old group mates. Only they've seen me at my absolute best. Hehh. (:

I miss my EAL/D classes, and even my lecturer then. More than anything, I miss my college gang. :')

Oops, I've strayed off topic. Coming back...

Spent the weekend studying. It's safe to say that my social life is pretty much non-existent. I'll attend this week's club meetings. I need preoccupation. Bah. Spent the afternoon editing a short video I took over the weekend. Not the best of efforts but it came together pretty nicely. (:

So that's it. I guess.

Kinoc, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment