Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Doodle #140 : Kick Start

The mid-semester break is upon us. :)

Been planning this outing for some weeks now. T'was a good reason to plan it in advance, for things never seem to go as planned. No matter, thing's ran rather smoothly. For those who could make it.

Drove over to uni first to meet up with Jean and Adeline. We all still had reports to hand in due that day itself. Such model students, aren't we? Nevertheless, managed to finish up all our answers just past 11 and handed it in before Jamie joined us.

OFF THE PYRAMID!

The outing was actually divided into two portions, and each had a seperate crowd that'd attend. (somewhat). Bottom line is, two different events. Thou shalt not question my dictation of thee mother tongue. I've no idea what I'm saying right now. Then again, I don't almost 83% of the time I speak.

Let's not get sidetracked, headed straight for the cinema. Moment we got up to the cinema area, saw that the whole place was under renovation, save the popcorn booth. Glanced over to our left and managed to spot the temporary booth set up to address purchases and whatnot. T'was a pretty cramped up line. Then again, it's not like we had any other choice. I only wonder what would happen on peak hours during the weekends if they had to keep using that booth. Rofl. Plus, they were running the purchases through what looked like ancient computers. Then again, I think they did so in the normal ticket counters when they were open? My memory's a blurry haze.

Anyways.

Picked THIS movie.


BAHAHAHA.

I've watched the first movie years ago. My heart leaped when I saw the trailer for this movie and I knew I just had to watch it. Rowan Atkinson's portrayal of his character was nothing short of awesome. The amount of laughter that he brings to the screen.

I'll try my best not to write out any spoilers as I go through this.

So the story begins with MI7 trying to locate Johnny English who has been missing for 5 years after a horrible mishap during his previous assignment in Mozambique. Cut scene, and it appears that he's been in the Tibetian mountains hiding out training with the monks, learning their ways of life, blablabla. "Mind must control the body" and "make hard what is soft" or something like that. It's pretty hilarious how these teachings come into play later on towards the ending of the movie.

That and how Kate Sumner (played by Gillian Anderson), a behavioural psychologist studies him is just so entertaining. This time round, English gets a sidekick as well, a man known as Agent Tucker.

Trying to unravel the plot to kill the Chinese Premier, there are many ups and downs throughout the movie. You'll go "oohhh" at how easy English makes it look to hunt down the assassins sent to kill him, having been trained by the monks. "With age comes wisdom", before going "HAHAHA" at how he slips up at the last minute. Utter joy to watch.

Overall, I'd say it's the absolute perfect stress buster.

On a side note, ate half a bucket of salt while watching the movie. LOL. Maybe I laughed a bit too hard. Even Jean could hear my laughter, sorry Jamie. Haha. Low activation energy yo'

Having said that... Money well spent.

Strolled around Pyramid for the rest of the day while waiting for the others to show up. Jean left to pick up her sister then. :'( Went for a snack at Ko Hyang (I think that's how it's spelt), recommended by Jamie as we waited for Jhii.

And so we go!

Walked and walked, and found the place. Paid and went into our designated room. Bahaha. Okay that sounded really disturbing if you only read that one line. LOLOL.

Anywho.

SING K ORHH. First time for me. LOL I iz one sad bugger. Right before we started, Joshiee came in. Like finally, his wish came true. HAHAA.


Can you guess which music video this still is from? It may be blurry but I'm pretty sure the lyrics are perfectly visible. :)


Chug chug chug.


I'm a Barbie girllllllll~


The main star of the day.


And Jhii.

We weren't exactly the best of singers, HAHAH. But it's the company that counts. :) So long as you thoroughly enjoy yourself.

Nom nom nom on the buffet dinner. The pasta was pretty good. The crust thing on it tasted and looked like a pizza topping. I iz happy. Took so much of the dessert, cupcakes, chocolate cakes.

Completely devoured their potato wedges. Damn I need to exercise more now.

What happened that night shall stay between us. Heh. :) I never thought I'd ever become that hyper. Though only 2 people witnessed it, 1 rivaling, if not exceeding my hyperness. :)

Kinoc, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment