Saturday, September 24, 2011

Doodle #139

I'm back! Though there isn't really much to be said.

There's this sense of instant gratification that can only be achieved through impulsive wants. Specifically, impulsive buys. In retrospect, I wouldn't call this a particularly impulse driven buy. It's practical, :D Just something I stumbled upon on Wednesday. I think I'm starting to change my colour code when it comes to dressing. I seemed to be attracted to brighter colours now. Beats wearing black all the time. So depressing. *sigh* Haha!

Results were out for the Drug Delivery written test as well as oral presentations. I can't say I'm too happy with my marks. Not since I took the time and effort to prep up in advance to both. All I can do is sigh, I guess. Can't really complain anyway. I've still a sense of complacency when it comes to my studies. To date, I doubt I've ever really given any exam or assignment my all, my 100% effort. The only person I can blame is myself. I won't say anything about the written examination as I've prepared and somewhat cascaded through the questions. When it comes to the oral though, I'm more than disappointed with what I scored. Especially since I've performed much worse in semester 1 yet scoring much higher with that previous abysmal performance. I just want to know where I went wrong, tell me.

Honest mistakes all but riddle my life. Simple slips of the tongue, and other much bigger mistakes are only a fraction of my daily theatrics. I'd just like to reassert that I sincerely had no idea what that shade meant, nor was it the one I had originally intended. I should do a thorough background check beforehand now. :/ Been bashing myself up lately, perhaps a bit too much. I tend to be so much more critical when it comes to self-evaluation.

That aside, happier thoughts! Yeah, finally bought what I mentioned earlier in this post. HEHHH.

That and I attended LifeGen's 2nd service. Stayed back after classes since there was no point heading home in heavy traffic and returning to the Sunway area in equally or worse traffic several hours later. The drill was the same. Show up early, watched Jean rehearse for her performance, then sat through it.

Today's session was about making choices. Every single day of your life, you'll find yourself at crossroads, having to choose between which path to take. Each choice leads you down a different path, and in turn affect what other choices that may crop up in your life further down the road. Consequently, you start a whole chain of events just stemming from what may have come across as a simple decision. Some are temporary, others permanent. Hence, always think something through before you follow through with it.

Choices are essentially projections of your inner motivations, so to speak. They are directly linked and influenced by the priorities you've set for yourself in life. Be it wealth, friendship, work, family, love, or even yourself, you've a set of inner motivations (ie. intristic factors) that propel you through everyday life. It's just a matter of finding out what they are, and scheduling your time according to those motivations. (:

Had a small activity too! A short quiz to help determine your priorities. According to the quiz, it would seem that mine are (in order):

Love --> Family --> Wealth --> Friends --> Work
In decreasing priority.

Somewhat true I would say, save how it suggests that I neglect work (be it studies or a job) to be last.

But then again, it was but a quiz. (: Had some pretty interesting discussions then too with the rest of the groupmates we were seperated into. Heh.

Speaking of which, I've a report to finish up. But that's a worry for tomorrow. (:

Kinoc, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment