Sunday, March 29, 2009

OmgWtfBbq

What? It was the only word I could think of which had “bbq” in it. Haha. So yeah, yesterday I got invited to Jon’s place for bbq, which is my 3rd time going to a bbq pt. 1st time was way back in Form 2 at Elaine’s place. Then 2nd was at Edwin’s place. And now Jon :D. and btw it was Earth Hour day yesterday as well. We were all “supposed” to switch off the lights from 8.30 – 9.30. Well my parents turned everything off before we left so technically we did. :D Not exactly the same at Jon’s place but :D

Kay enough about that. More about barbeque-ing chickens and whatnot. There were 4 of us, Jon, me, HY, and Nirmal. When I got there, they had already gotten the fire started. At least I think they did. Then again they were in the process of firemaking. Skewered several marshmallows to roast over the fire. I’m still not sure what exactly marshmallows are. Nirmal’s depiction of “god-sent chewy smth” didn’t exactly explain anything, lol.
Somehow HY managed to set his on fire, lmao. I burnt mine on purpose as well lol. Everything ended up.. black.. :D The marshmallows tasted pretty good as well. There was this packet of chocolate and vanilla flavored ones.

Then came the attempt to cook the sausage and the buns as well. Yes, “attempt” the 1st batch of buns ended up all burnt on one side. The sausages cooked pretty nicely though, cept for slightly burnt parts of carbon here and there. Tasted good enough. Then.. Burger time :D. Of course not knowing exactly how to bbq it, the 1st 2, “test burgers” were somewhat screwed up. Ok, it wasn’t that bad, only burnt on one side. It was funny watching it stick to the aluminium foil. Apparantly we had to butter them beforehand, but someone said we didn’t have to. Even the bread ended up burnt. Hy and nirmal dubbed them “cancer burgers” LoL.

And I’ll just leave the rest out. Too lazy to type and I can’t remember much again. And for the record, Jon’s room is like a freezer. Yes Jon it’s friggin cold. I did say ok, but that was before it got too cold. LoL.

No comments:

Post a Comment