Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day -1

With these two hands, I had destroyed everything in my life.

Within 10 mins, a year came crashing down.

I breathe, with no purpose.
It feels more like a routine. Breathe in, breathe out. I don't see the point. The ties that bound my body and soul to mortality. Sometimes I just wanna break free.

I walk, with no direction.
My feet move, placing one in front of the other. Everything that passes me remains a streak of blurry haziness. I see faces I do not recognize. Those that I do recognize pass me without a second glance.

I trust, with no conviction.
My thoughts are being overwhelmed by information. I no longer try to struggle to make sense of it. To be lost, in a sea of emotion, drowning in despair.

I speak, but I do not remember the words that escape.
I see those I talk to, I see them talking, I think I can hear them as well, yet I can't understand. I've lost all sensible thoughts.

Droplets of water, tears, form upon my cheeks. I lie in bed, staring at my ceiling, pleading with my head to shut itself down.

Two years back, I dreamt it was the end of the world and I struggled to find that someone amidst the chaos.

Now, I dreamt that some country just nuked the Sunway District, once again I found myself searching for another person through the despair and death.

Similarities, but this is much, much, worse.

I thought I had felt it all back then, I thought I had sunk to the lowest possible point in my life. Turns out I was wrong, again, as I always have been and always will be. Another face in the crowd, insignificant.

No comments:

Post a Comment