Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Forget All Our Broken Promises

Lyrics spam!

In the end, I'll blend in with the shade I've been.
Lean on me, the only other choice was falling down.
You're my favourite mistake.

Life has left his eyes, he wanders about aimlessly and without a purpose in life. His body clings on to life. However, he's merely an empty shell, doomed and destined to be forgotten. Cast aside and abandoned by everyone he has once trusted.

Idling in each day as they come and go at an agonizingly slow pace. The seconds tick by, unnerving as body desperately tries to reconnect with mind and soul. It feels so cliche now, everyday passes by feeling more like a chore, a routine, that I'm forced to endure. I no longer see the joy in the once enjoyable and amorous daily happenings.

Metaphors, the only way I seem to be able to speak of these things. Never getting to the point, I spend ages dwelling on circling the issue at hand, merely dropping hints but never the truth.

Entranced by everything going around me, my world revolved around one person. To draw my full attention, till the point I was oblivious to everything else going on around me. Sometimes I wonder, maybe I was doomed from the start. The fall remains the very hardest part of it, guess you could say I took the worst possible way to fall.

I don't think there's any other way out of this. Someone has to give, sadly enough I think that'll be me. I guess when I thought I had hit rock bottom before, I couldn't possibly sink any lower. Well.. I stand correctly, I've just sunk lower than my lowest point in life. What used to be simple but effective distractions failed me when I needed them most. Feels like I'm imposing on everyone's lives. Sometimes I wonder whether life for everyone would truly be better in my absence, or rather, if I had ever existed in the first place.

Now that it's all said and done, I can't believe you were the one to build me up then tear me down, like an old abandoned house. ~ Daughtry. How relateable.

I love you but this is as far as I can go. If only you knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment