Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Hollow Shell

Seeing what I see, it feels like a huge slap in the face.

It's times like these I just sit down and reflect, on all my past mistakes. A blurry streak of images clouds me, as I get enveloped in the darkness that is what's passed. Taking the first step into a whole new life, hoping for the best. I had wanted to leave it all behind, sadness, pain, torment, desolation, reclusion, the tendency to blank out and become completely oblivious to my surroundings as I take a step into light, a new life, that January.

Somehow my style of writing is getting horribly cliched.

I should've known better. The ghost of what's passed wouldn't let go of it, holding my in a iron grip. It reappears in different forms, dogging my every move. To be toyed around with, be played as though I'm a game, there's nothing more sickening than the thought that the mastermind behind all this could very well be those you trust you life upon.

Sometimes, you just connect with people you've just met. Despite the fact that you've only known them for months, feels like they've been there for you your entire life. In stark contrast, those you've believed in, trust with your life, may very well be those alienating you the most. Just goes to show, nobody every really shows their true face, the world we live in is nothing more than an illusion, or even delusion. Trust means nothing in the face of mistrust.

If this truly was nothing more than a farce, I commend your level of acting which has made it all the more believable, the bastard protagonist of the play, as it he continues to blantly shove lies into the the deceived. To feed him what he wants to hear.

Poisoned thoughts, wanting no more than a death, its death.

Why?

There's nothing left in this soul worth taking, it has already taken everything, the world from me.

1 comment: