Thursday, January 13, 2011

Doors

I know not what awaited me behind that lone divider. Will it be a pleasant new experience or a complete disaster? At present, I remain idle and uncertain of my disposition. Should I forge ahead and take a leap of faith? Or perhaps I should let things play themselves out naturally.

True, the allure behind the motive runs deep. Temptations flare as adrenaline aches me on, pushing me forward neglecting all train of thought. Beyond that door was nothing but obscurity. Put simply, it would be uncharted territory. To step forward is not just a huge risk, it will jeopardize everything in life that I hold dear. I place my palm on the bare wooden surface and rest my head against it. All I could muster was a long sigh.

My mind raced back, suddenly everything felt familiar to me. There was a sense of acquaintance, a feeling of familiarity. I've walked this path before. A rush of desire filled my mind as I retraced the steps I took. Every footstep, every breath, every aching moment, I urged myself on completely blinded by passion. I had disregarded every rule I put in place for myself, stepped over every line.

I snap back, waking from my abhorrent daydream. I get way too ahead of myself sometimes, calling a situation that doesn't exist. Why ruin something that's already so perfect by trying to achieve more? You can't surpass perfection. Perfection itself is an atypical occurrence. Sometimes all it takes is a glance. Sometimes you just wake up and realise, it's there. You just know it.

Some doors are there, but they're never meant to be opened. I turn around and walk away, fully aware that the closer I get, the more distant I would become. Nevertheless, curiosity plagues my every waking moment.

What if?




Okay, personally I feel that this post was a fail rant. :S But it's just me. Gotta finish up that piece I'm writing. :O

No comments:

Post a Comment