Friday, January 28, 2011

One

Excitement mounts. The faces are reflected on the stainless steel round surface. Seated around their usual table, they knew very well what was coming, what they had to face very soon. Without a doubt, I had the same fears as each and every one of them. Papers flipped, scribblings that were hastily jotted down skimmed through for every shred of information.

You can never have too much of a good thing. We were all firm believers, and no moment was too late to cram in any and every possible fact we might be able to utilize in our favour. No doubt we were all very aware of the consequences that lay beyond that day should we had shreds of doubt and fear within us. We looked to each other, gave one another the routine pat on the back and headed off.

Amidst the fortitude, a minor and rather insignificant occurrence piqued my interest. They laughed it off, I merely scoffed at it. Seconds later, I had the same. Yet..

I bowed silently in acknowledgment. I couldn't blatantly disregard visual evidence. After all, seeing is believing. I had always been second best, I just never knew.

I had prepared well for this obstacle, knowing that come whatever may, I'd be able to handle.

Little did I know of the larger more impossible hurdle that lay underneath the well planned scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment