Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Of Two Different Worlds

Thought of the day : It's like a truck going boom, ploughing into your problems and effectively mowing them down.

Different views, different perspectives. It's funny how people make it look so easy at times. The only thing they share are their differences. To strike up a proper conversation, is as arduous as it can get, easy as it may sound.

Realist against idealist, pessimist and optimist, sentimental against practicality. It was but a chance encounter, one lead by a a simple spur of a moment's choice. To find common ground in a sea of unfamiliarity is all I ask for. One simple task, am I that incompetent? To strike nothing but failure even amidst the most promising conditions. To snatch victory from the jaws of defeat is probably my most astounding feat.

It beckons, tugging at the long forgotten curiosity within me. It would seem that I'm cursed, or just walking down a trail of bad luck. Whenever I solve a problem, a new one crops up.

Well..

Till this day, I still feel that I never gave it my all. To fall so short of the mark isn't something I'm quite proud of. Some call it vanity, but I beg to differ. I am happy with my achievement, I'm just not satisfied knowing that there's room for improvement. It feels like one of the times where it feels so close yet so far. All it could have took was a word, a phrase, a simple acknowledgment. Yet here I am, waiting still, for that one letter.

The one that'll change my life.

So tell me where we went wrong and show me where we belong. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment