Saturday, January 1, 2011

Success

What exactly it is that denotes the attribute of such a formless word? Is it wealth? Honours? Materialistic possessions or just a secure life?

What then leads to possession of such a desired state? Insurmountable amount of painstaking herculean effort or just a spot of luck? Not everybody is born into this deceitful world with a silver spoon in their mouth. Not everybody has their path drawn out for them like a map where the next step is crystal clear. Not everybody is lucky enough to cross paths with honest and sincere people who wishes for nothing but to be a true friend and offer their hand in making that next step all the more simpler.

Some of us have nothing but perils and hardships waiting for them ahead. Some of us stumble into the wrong crowd and are misled and fraught with nothing but anxiety. Some of us live everyday not knowing that amidst those they trust with their most soulful convictions, lie a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Despite the odds, there are people that never give up. Always optimistic about the future and certain that whatever may come, there'll always be a solution. Their struggles, literally their blood, sweat and tears. I'm lucky enough to say that I am privileged to have those people that I'm able to call a friend. To work as hard as they have, I've nothing but recognition for them.

"I don't remember how we happened to meet each other. I don't remember who got along with whom first. All I can remember is all of us together...always."

"Fake friends are no friends. Choose wisely."
---Jordan Taub

True, some people deserve more than what they have. They put in their heart and soul to accomplish their goal. If I could, I'd do all I can to help. Others, already have more than what they deserve yet they want more, an insatiable hunger, I've nothing but loathe for them.

A lingering thought crossed my mind, maybe I should have made up for last year's lackluster day this time around. Times like these my mind plays a game with itself, and I realised, that would have brought nothing but indignity. After all, I am but a pawn, in a game of chess where the odds are stacked up against me. My actions would have meant little when compared to those of the architect of the situation.

Alas, I know where things stand. I shall leave the passed in the past, and begin anew knowing that somewhere down the road, I'll meet people more worthy of my trust. At the same time, I'm hoping that I will once again cross paths with those that mean the world to me.

5 working days, and I'll know the nature of the path that awaits me. I think it's time for me to sit still instead of jumping around all the time and reevaluate my priorities.

I know not such a person. Those flashing images in my head are nothing but naught.

You know what? I'm sick of trying to be rational, I'm going to be so friggin' irrational on this issue and not give a damn. I don't need no cover ups. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment