Sunday, January 16, 2011

Mistakes

The sun still shines in my world,
Feeble as the light may be,
Swallowed up as darkness sprouts from every crevice,
It wasn't imperceptible,
Telltale signs lay at every corner,
Consumed by ignorance,
They were all overlooked.

It took but a moment to return to those chaotic times,
There I stood,
The embodiment of naivety,
Trust came easily and nonchalantly,
Misplaced and misused,
It wasn't long before things went downhill,
Then began the spiral,
Everything changed.

Days came and went,
Weeks turned to months,
Every waking moment felt false and artificial,
Yet the farce went on,
Neither sides contemplated altering the already routine situation,
A recipe for disaster,
The pupper master kept stringing its puppets along.

I entered the lion's den,
Only to find out amongst those I placed my conviction,
Was a conniver whose aim was nothing but his own gain.

Mistakes are unavoidable,
Some immense, others unnoticeable,
In line with everyday life,
Who hasn't made one?

It takes greater strength to face your inner demons,
To take a less exigent option was the sole thought that lingered,
What was there to do but run?
Run away from the despair and darkness,
Fleeing but never escaping,
Chasing but never catching,
A vague desire that's ever so distant.

Amidst the darkness, a slight glimmer shines through,
Breaking free from its chains,
It wants to shine,
But at what cost?



Sorry, I tried my best. I'm definitely not what I used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment