Friday, January 8, 2010

An Interesting Twist

Today was quite the relaxing day.

Had 2 hours to kill before orientation starts at 9.30. Spent it lazing around our usual spot. I've chosen to drop Computer Science for Physics so yeah, went to get my subs changed. o_o now I have 6 straight hours on Tuesday from 10.30 to 4.30 :O Gawd, there'll only be about.. 10 minutes break after EALD before I have to rush off to the labs.. somewhere. I highly doubt there'll be enough time to grab smth decent to eat. Each lab session only lasts an hour and there's no way I can afford to waste any of that time running around trying to satisfy my hunger O_O + right after Chemistry lab I have to rush off to Bio lab. No time for a snack there. After that, Gotta run to Moral Studies. Never thought Moral would still haunt me, it won't go awayyyy!!!!

10 minutes is definately not enough time for a decent meal, the cafe stuff takes damn long to prepare anyway. =(((((( *epic sad face*

Well, I thought I could change both to EALD 2 and Maths 3. It would have been.. convenient.. since it actually fit my timetable and also for a number of reasons, but alas.. I can't change those 2. Can't change that many.. Guess I'll have to see how it works out. I hope I can stand 6 hours of classes without a meal in between. T_T *sobsob*

After 1 week.. if it doesn't work out I'll try to get it sorted out. After all I've got till the 18th to finalize my timetable.

Once that was done, we met up with bw.. who had.. other "issues" he had to attend to. Meh. Well, can't really say much bout him cause if it were me.. I would have done exactly the same LOL. Saw Limau and her friend on the way to MPH4 and Chonek as well. So we went to try to get seats early. Conveniently enough, the whole back row was empty.. Which would mean it could fit all 10+ of us. BUT THEN!! Apparently it was reserved for lecturers :(

So yeah, we moved up ahead. Got split up. So yeah.. listened to the talk on saving $$
It was pretty interesting, the presenter was good. I think her name was Angela. Turns out she paid all the university fees herself by doing part time jobs, singing at weddings, teaching and alot more. I was awed by how hard she worked to get to where she is now. Hopefully that'll inspire me to work harder in college. :)

I enjoyed the part about how most people waste their $$ on petty wants, like just having a fancy cup of coffee which would cost about.. $15 :O!! Just drinking homemade coffee instead of fancy ones from let's say.. Starbucks.. would save you $13 per cup. Which would amount to $77 a month and over $931 A YEAR. OMG!!

I feel so enlightened now xDD

Spent the rest of the day lazing around, ah yes I love the student centre.. It's so cooling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment