Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 60 : Strive for Those You Love and Believe In

I'm seriously starting to love this pendant of mine. Although I had gotten it myself for cheesy reasons, I'm attached to it nonetheless. Cause it reminds me of someone.. of great importance to me. Yeah, if you're reading this, it's you. It feels so safe, as the very thought of you lingers in my mind. I actually panicked and desperately tried to look for it just because I thought I had lost it. To me, it's a.. symbol. Of what I feel, and the path I've chosen to walk. I'll endure anything, everything, to keep me on this path.

It's been awhile since I felt this good, this contempt with life. Since last Friday I don't think I've went into any of my "emo" states. Probably the lucky charm, but under normal circumstances I'd have flipped at those words. But now, I look at em, and scoff 'em off. Words of one not worthy of being called a dumbass bitch my friend. Sure, it still cuts me, I feel the pain, but now I'm able to endure it. To brush it aside (or at least.. I try to) Despite whatever misconceptions other people have, I'll stop letting it affect me. It's not worth it, he's not worth it. Friendship isn't hard to feign, but neither is hatred. Guess I'll just play along.. for now :)

To quote one of my best friends. "You make your own destiny!" Wise words indeed, I thank you for supporting me throughout the year. I wasn't wrong when I confided in you to share my problems. To lend an ear when I need to share my problems, to offer advice when everything seemed to lead towards a dead end, and most importantly, when you help me with her.

I guess that at some point in life, you'll stop. Free yourself from all the hustle and bustle and just take a few moments to just breath in all that is life. To just look around you, to realise what you have, to appreciate the people you've met in your life and how and every one of them has helped turn you into the person you are today. My life's no different. I've met so many people this year, they've all coloured my life in some way. You all know you each and every one of you are, all of you are my life now :)

"Even if we can or can't be friends, I'll be with you till the very end"
~ Shine On

I may not always be there, course at times I don't even look like I care all that much. Despite the guise of indifference, I do care. Just know this, if you ever need me, say the word. I'll be right there with you. No matter what the cost :)

No comments:

Post a Comment