Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Unfeeling Artic Breeze

Slosh slosh slosh..

The sound of raindrops fill the air. The smell of it fills the air, and engulfs your senses. It makes a distinctive Slosh sound as it hits the ceiling, the windows and whatever surface around you. It turns the air cold, sends shivers down your back. Ah yes, I can't say I love rain any more than that.

Soaking wet from walking in the rain. I just couldn't stand the notion of being in that place any longer, I had to get away. I looked to the distance, the rain just went on and on for miles. I took a deep breath, tossed my jacket over myself and just started walking. My mind blanked out, but I kept placing one foot in front of the other. I didn't want to turn back, I never did. The rain was never ending, every step I took caused me to get soaked even more. Shelter wasn't far now. I looked up, the lights turned red. Oh great, just my luck. Thankfully traffic wasn't heavy, had to stand still less than a minute. Finally reaching my car, I took a moment to contemplate, then set off.

Some say the rain is chilly. No matter how soaked I got or how strong the wind was. Nothing comes close to the icy heart beating inside my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment