Thursday, June 3, 2010

Gimme Food On Flights

Personally, I'm not exactly the avid traveller neither do I actually like flying, the food had never really appealed to me. All the experiences that I actually had flying were spent eating plain ol' canned or packaged food and whatnot. But you know what will really rock?


Having THIS little delicacy as one of the in-flight meals!

Now, if you're not Malaysian you might probably be wondering what in the world is that! For Malaysians like me, it's known to us as "Roti Canai" or "Roti Kosong". Directly translated, it means EMPTY BREAD. Ahahha, I have no idea either :)

Why would I want such a *probably not so* tempting meal anyway? It's one of the MOST famous local dishes and if you're a Malaysian, there is absolutely no chance you've never had a taste of this. Being a Malaysian airline, MAS.. include this! I mean, what better way to promote tourism than to have a local delicacy served on board flights? Served with dhal, it could very well be one of the most flexible tasting food in Malaysia. The chewy texture combo-ed with the sweet *if you dip it in dhal* and slightly oily taste will make the whole flying experience.. truly unforgettable.

I remember a time I used to be so addicted to this dish, eating it for both breakfast AND lunch for almost 5 days straight. I think it is the ONLY dish that I could ever stand eating for a month straight. Yes, I said it, A MONTH! Need I reassure you more of the stranglehold this dish has on Malaysians like me? :)

Now as we start to drool over the idea of this being served in flights, why not kick back and relax. Play a round of Plants Vs. Zombies. Or even watch Project Alpha below :)









Project Alpha is presented by Adidas Action 3 and supported by P1 and MAS. Never go hungry while flying with MAS!

2 comments:

  1. Actually MAS serves ROTI CANAI as well. :) But just slightly different from the usual one lr. LOL

    ReplyDelete