Thursday, August 11, 2011

Doodle #115 : The Hostel

So here we go.

Went to check out the new hostel building in Monash a few days back. I didn't even realize that they have actually already opened the hostel. They even had tenants already! Explains the random lights I see every morning when I walk past the building on the way to campus. Why hadn't that click in my mind earlier? That and the fact I saw this door at the cafeteria with people walking in and out of it yet paid no attention whatsoever towards it.

Anyhow..


Yeah, that's the building. The Monash-Hostel Link was pretty cool. Maybe it's because it's all new and stuff. Even smells freshly constructed, then again it is.

We were unsure of what to do when we reached the entrance. For a second there, we thought you needed a resident's ID card to get in as they had this barrier thingy, like the ones you see in LRT stations, not sure what you called it.

Then we found out that our Monash IDs could get us in. Yay!


One of the blocks, can't remember which.

Well, our initial intention was just to scout out whether the local Lunch Box branch had opened or not.. but......

Yeah, explored the whole place while we were at it.


A swimming pool! And a gym in the top left hand side of the picture, on the second level of that building. Even had a basketball court behind it.


Rules yo'. Read em.


Going for a dip?


The chairs you can see here are for Lunch Box. Pretty big place weihhh.


Trying to locate the management office. Why? Because we had time to kill while LB set up. Rofl. Oh, this big empty hall which was between us and Dave, I think it was the MPH or smth. Looked like it.

Asked around the management office if we could get a look into one of the demo units available. I wanted to see for myself why the cost for one of the rooms is RM1000 or RM1500 per month for myself too.

One of the staff lead us to one of the demo units, the B Block unit if I remember correctly.


One of the rooms. This picture doesn't really do it justice as I only caught part of it. The thingy at the bottom left is the fridge. It looked cosy enough, it felt like how I want my very own room in my house to be. Simple, yet adequate furnishing. Did I mention that EACH room had its very own FLAT SCREEN TV? I kid you not. Every room had one.


This is the common hall for the Block B unit. Another point to note, each unit had 6 rooms. The Block B unit is actually TWO floors, so it didn't really feel like an apartment unit. Only thing is the sole room downstairs felt considerably smaller than the other 5 located on the second floor.

I'm starting to see the reason behind the hefty price tag put on each of these rooms. Every unit is fully furbished. Dining tables, chairs, kitchen cabinets, microwaves, a smaller table in the common area, and everything shown in the photo of the room earlier. Each had a TV, wall shelf, table, chair, fridge. Air conditioned too which was free up to 180 hours of usage per month, the equivalent of 6 hours a day.

Yeah, I'd be pretty happy to live in one of those rooms.

We were brought to the Block A unit next. This one had the apartment feel. It was higher up (demo unit on the 8th floor) as opposed to the previous one in Block B (it was on the second floor, which felt like ground level).

Everything was on one floor, like how an apartment should be. Coolest thing bout it was the washroom. 6 individual cubicles. So I guess you could each take one, haha. They had this huge mirror too. Felt more like the washrooms you'd see in a shopping complex.

Well.. After that was settled.


OM NOM NOM!

I'd say... This branch is MUCH BETTER than the current standard of the Sunway College branch. I mean, they still taste pretty okay over there but lately.. Their standard has dropped. It's nowhere near how they used to be last year. I'm being frank here.

But now they've a branch in Monash! Which isn't that bad.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU TO EAT HERE! :)

I'm one happy boy now. No more having to put up with cafe food everyday! :)

Kinoc, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment