Monday, August 15, 2011

Doodle #116

I've been meaning to write another piece, so here it is. I apologize for the delay in putting it up.

As fatigue washes over me,
I falter in my stride,
Looking up into the endless horizon,
A seemingly endless path,
Lost without a direction,
With naught but instinct to shine the way.

Subtle signs point in a direction,
I follow them blindly,
Discarding all logic behind me,
Read between the lines,
For nothing else speaks such volume,
Than the words unspoken.

Fear is but a distant emotion,
Having traversed across this expanse,
Familiarity is a comforting thought,
As the darkness engulfs me,
I welcome it with open arms.

For it has been my companion,
From the very beginning.

Feels good to be able to write again. It's been awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment