Sunday, September 26, 2010

Bygones Be Bygones

Another day passes by with its lack of change.

I can't say that today was the best of days nor can I call it a bad one. Why? Well, I'm kinda undecided about how to react to my EAL/D Oral Practical Examination earlier today.

Oh, how bad can it get?

Considering that this particular exam contributes 25% of my FINAL EAL/D evaluation.. it's a very important one indeed. It's no surprise that my nerves got the better of me.

I actually messed up my timing and went to college almost an hour that I had initially planned, but that wasn't so bad. Least it gave me some time for self-reflection and last minute run through of my points.

When the time came for me to get myself to the preparation room beside the Smile Lab, I took one last breath, and sighed out. Real heavily. It was all or nothing anyways. Then, in that one moment, all the nerves just vanished. I only had one thing on my mind. To do my very best, I've found my motivation. I wouldn't let myself be bettered. No, I wouldn't stand for it.

Then the doors opened, and the 6 of us were all ushered in.

The first 15 minutes of preparation went quite well. I wouldn't say I completely understood the visual stimulus I had nor that I had many points. A little elaboration was there but that's all I had.

After what felt like.. a long time, it was time for us to move on into the actual examination room. Found my station, Room 1 which was really close to where all the lecturers overseeing us were seated. Did my audio check as instructed by the supervisor and waited patiently till I was greeted.

"Good morning, I'm your examiner for today. My name is.."

The rest was a blur. So the practical began.

Part A was just introductions and establishing that comfort level between examiner and uhh.. student?

Part B. I started to elaborate on my points. Before I knew it, I heard "Thank you. We will now move on to a hidden question" LIKE WHAT?! Nobody else that I asked had actually gotten asked a hidden question. I really feel I did badly.. :(

Part C. Got asked some question I was unfamiliar with but against all odds, I managed to pull myself together and string my points somewhat coherently.

The feedback I got from the lecturers present and my own opinion conflicts. I don't know!! I need to get that Part B cleared up. D:!

After that, waited for Cornelia Watson and Jing to come to college. Heading out to lunch / dessert at SS15. (:

Met up with Alvin, Kelvin, Wei Cheng and Yong at AC at SS15.

POOL.

Why can't I think of longer elaborations?

Screw it.

Live with the one liners.

That's all for today.

What up, non-finishers?

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment