Thursday, September 30, 2010

It It Not Where We Belong

It's not the goodbye that hurts, but the flashback that follows..

You know.. It's not often that I'm this down. After all, this is the inevitable, I always knew that this was coming, I just didn't expect it to be so soon.

The first of many to come..

People always take things for granted, they believe that everything in life would just sit still and stay the way they are, nice and comfortable. Nobody ever prepares themselves for an unexpected chance in life, a shift without warning. I for one am guilty of having created such an illusion for myself. I was caught off guard. I couldn't believe it. No, the correct term would have been I refused to believe it. Everything was perfect, so routine, anything that had the prospect of changing that just seemed to unreal.

They say a picture's worth a thousand words..

If such a line is true, you're worth more than 20000 words to me. The person whose important never really hit home till now. The quirky one. You never notice, unless you knew that person personally, if not, that person wouldn't really stand out. I don't mean to offend, but that's my personal perception and honest opinion. Trust me, you're awesome the way you are.

I don't want to sound overly sentimental but after the initial shock, everything just came flooding back to me in one overwhelming wave. It felt as though I was drowning in the sea of memories that rushed me, never giving me a second to contemplate and reflect on how fast time had flew past us. Days spent studying, having fun, just being extremely stupid amongst friends, loved as much as family. They seem like such a distant memory now, it feels so surreal to reminiscent about those times.

I guess this just goes to show, life never ever goes the way you plan it. Always brace yourself for the unexpected. You can wait around for life, but life won't wait around for you.

I never got a chance to say goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment